• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

new delrin liner scuffed after start up

robertr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Hi everyone, so I put new Delrin liners and impellers on my 03 sr230, I didn't measure the clearance before start up, it was tight but I could spin it by hand, figured once it started it would clearance its self, but I removed it again after start up to check everything and saw this, it scraped the Delrin a little , its very small, what do you guys think
thanks
image0 (1).jpeg

Is this the picture you intended to attach?

yes, can you make it out or should I take another one

I thought the ring replacement was inside the pump. Nothing shown on the picture should have changed based on your pump wear ring. That's why I thought you had put the wrong picture. Maybe I'm missing something. Hopefully someone else with better understanding chimes in.

I thought the ring replacement was inside the pump. Nothing shown on the picture should have changed based on your pump wear ring. That's why I thought you had put the wrong picture. Maybe I'm missing something. Hopefully someone else with better understanding chimes in.

no worries, the pic is a close up of the actual liner in the housing and the area wear the impeller scuffed it up, I'll add some pics a little far away as its looks confusing
thanks

IMG_7717.jpg
when installed

The impeller should not touch any area outside that ring once assembled. Whatever happened outside, might be related to rocks or stones, but should not be related to your ring replacement.

Back