• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New DJI Mavic Air

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ Benny Sibbitt , im asking for clarification. Do you now have a pro? If so do you like it better than the air because it handles better?

I’m curious because if think my pro is too responsive/darty compared to the p4 I had and spark I have but realize the p4 is bigger and heavier whereas the spark is speed limited. I think/hope that all I need to do is make some adjustments / do some tuning to sticks sensitivity to “fix the problem”.

If you haven’t already try out the DJI goggles, they are awesome.

Here is a link to a review of the staaker I thinking about buying. I don’t fly much anymore and if this all it is supposed to be my DJI gear will be collecting even more dust unless I sell it.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie I now have the Mavic air. I believe the mavic air responds better and hovers more still when sticks are let go.
Now you can change your settings on the mavic pro if you feel that it's darty and jerky feeling -
change the mavic's stick sensitive - this will also make your videos look more smooth
I haven't tried the googles yet, that seems pretty cool

As far as drone in the above video, seems like it would be hard to fly without a joystick

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Benny Sibbitt , thanks for the clarification and the link to the hacks. Come to think of it, one of the only things stopping me from ditching my DJI quad copters altogether is the goggles.

As @seanmclean stated, the staaker (if it works as advertised) should allow me to be in the footage instead of focusing on flying and getting the footage. Although the DJI products have active track and / or follow me they just don’t work as well as I’d like (by analogy a Yamaha jet wake boat will not put out the same quality wake in its stock form as a dedicated wake boat in its stock form) plus I’m discovering that that areas I boat in are often now no fly zones or zones which trigger a notice that needs to be affirmed before I can continue to fly in it. For example, the area next to my house, an area of open river and part of a lake I frequent are all no no fly/restricted zones and they were not just over a year and a half ago. For all I know tomorrow it will be the rest of The state of California.

The staaker and many other drone brands are “dumb” when compared to dji products but that also means where they are flown cannot be restricted (and probably not tracked) by the manufacturer. So suddenly ive got the staaker in my cart waiting for me to check out at $1,100 plus shipping (no tax in the US) for the premium package and my wife/cfo giving me the stink eye.