• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Fenders came in, How to replace - edit Replaced!!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, So shorelander sent new fenders to my dealer for me. The dealer said they would replace them or I could do it if I wanted as they couldn't do it till next week some time. My question is has anyone else done this themselves? To remove that main bolt do I have to jack up the trailer to get pressure off the suspension and then use another jack under the leaf spring shackle to release the tension? I'm thinking with the boat on the trailer if I remove that bolt the weigh will push the shackle up instead of coming down. Pics of new bracket below.20170823_163418.jpg 20170823_163428.jpg

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in the same situation ( I have the new modified ones in boxes) but I had a new set of fenders put on last year before the modified new ones came out. I'm going to keep the "old" new ones on until I discover a crack in the brackets. So far they are ok except for small cracks in the diamond plate at the holes. I haven't looked at it closely yet for jack positioning but I think I would try to keep it together and use a bull pin to knock the bolt out then use the bolt to knock the bull pin out.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know that some have posted that they have replaced the fenders on their own. I had my dealer do it the first time. I'm going to have another dealer (just moved from TX to Canada) replace them again, with the newer design.
Gotta give some recognition to Shoreland'r/Midwest Industries for taking care of this without giving folks a run-around. Yamaha could learn something from Shoreland'r.
Because of how Shoreland'r has handled this issue, I'd never hesitate to buy another Shoreland'r trailer.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The bull pin or even another bolt to push the original bolt out then push the pin out with the new bolt is a great idea.

I would jack the trailer up to remove tension before doing anything. If you lower the tongue jack as far as it will go you can place jack stands or lumber under the trailer frame behind the wheels then raise the tongue to lift the entire trailer off of the ground.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If no welding is involved i would bot hesitate to do it myself but would look for a how to video on youtube or vimeo first.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@subysti

Could you take a couple pictures of the just the new bracket?

Thanks!
Mark

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK so I replaced the fenders and it was kinda a PIA. The worst part was just getting the trailer in the air. Below are the pics of how I got it in the air. You need a 13mm socket for the front and rear fender bolts and a 28mm for the main bolt. I used the bottle jack to take pressure of the spring shackle and then pushed the bolt out with another bolt.The center fender support is almost twice as thick as the original and the new bolt hardware included socket head bolts and rubber backed oversized washers to prevent the tearing of the diamond plate.

FYI ---- Also I noticed that there is a zerk grease fitting on the bottom right where that main bolt is. I never knew it was there before so may want to add that to the trailer maintenance when greasing the wheel bearings.Boat on Blocks.jpg Brackets.jpg Main Bolt.jpg Hardware.jpg Fenders1.jpg Fenders2.jpg

Last edited: