• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New FSH 210 Sport owner

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello all,
Just purchased a new fsh 210 sport down here in coastal Georgia. I will be taking delivery this Thursday, just in time for the memorial Day weekend. As a matter of fact I am extremely lucky to find this boat at the time i did. Apparently, Yamaha is so backlogged because of the Virus that everyone is out of stock. I purchased the last one my dealer had, in teal blue/ black hull.
Tomorrow my electrician is installing a Go12 xse and a Motorguide Xi5 #80/60". So im curious to see how that fits and functions. I also have a console organizer coming from JBP. I guess that will show up after hes done saving the world one face shield at a time, anyhow thats about all thats going in for now. I do have some future upgrades on the wish list, however, things add up quick, so ill be dragging it out a bit. Anyway, good to be a part of the JET BOAT community, its a new adventure for me coming from I/O drive and outboard powered boats. CHEERS!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Pics or it didn’t happen. That’s my fav color combo!!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took delivery of mine two weeks ago today and loving every minute. Still debating on whether to go with the 60” or 72” terrova 112. It seemed like several guys I saw on here were going 72” for use offshore so curious why you decided on the 60”?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I guess it is what was recommended to me for that size boat. I haven't had a chance to use it offshore yet, but inshore it worked great in a steady current. I would imagine it may pop out the water in to heavy of seas, but then again i don't want to go fishing in a 21' boat in 4 footers. If i have the weather, ill run outside the sound this weekend an see how the 60" does in some bigger water.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would appreciate the feedback on that. I definitely don’t want to go with the 72 if it’s not needed in some smaller waves especially since the majority of my use will be inshore.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Didn't make it out this weekend due to weather. Gonna try to get out this Saturday.

oakley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Any further thoughts on the length of the trolling motor? Just purchased 210 FSH and I need to decide. I will mostly be in freshwater so thinking 60" will work? Any idea what the distance is from the bow to the waterline ?

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had a rough measurement of 34” to the water and have decided to go with the 60”.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dixemon, how is the 80# 60” trolling motor working out for you? Does it seem to be plenty of thrust?

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'm curious about this myself. I'm trying to decide between a 24v or 36v trolling motor for my 210 FSH

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't had any issue with the 24v system. It's a little slow when in heavy current but it doesn't bother me.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I decided to go for the 36V. It’s a little more money upfront and maybe more hassle with the three batteries but I figured at least this way I won’t have the potential regrets of not having enough thrust when loaded down on a windy day.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm sure it's a beast, I'm finding that the factory mount flexes too much with my 24v. I'm not sure if they have a max thrust rating for that bracket. But I'm going to end up making my own because it Jack's up the gel coat underneath and looks like it could snap when turning hard. You might want to saftey cable that thing to something, I couldn't imagine dropping 3k in 20'.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm sure it's a beast, I'm finding that the factory mount flexes too much with my 24v. I'm not sure if they have a max thrust rating for that bracket. But I'm going to end up making my own because it Jack's up the gel coat underneath and looks like it could snap when turning hard. You might want to saftey cable that thing to something, I couldn't imagine dropping 3k in 20'.
I just ordered it today and after reading some others experiences with the factory mount I am skeptical about using it with the 36V. I will probably end up making my own.