• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Genuine BRP Maintenance Free Supercharger

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I did end up purchasing the new supercharger from my dealer. The 0461943 number is correct and at the time they ordered mine they said there were 6 at the warehouse. This is the entire assembly, and is the new "no maintenance" supercharger.
The price was about $950, and while I realize that is nearly double the cost of a rebuild, it means I don't have to pull it every 2 years. That's worth the extra price for me.

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Kyle, don't know if you ever got an answer on this, but my dealer told me this week (Jan 2021) that the maintenance free supercharger part # superseded the old part number and can go on the older engines. It's the only supercharger available for our engines.

I have a 2014 AA engine. If you go to http://epc.brp.com/ and look up your model number (not serial number), you can drive down into the parts and see a part number for the supercharger assembly. It is the same part number for the AA, AB, AF, AG, etc.. If you look at the links earlier in this thread, you'll see that the BRP TST from 2018 says AF and newer engines use the maintenance free supercharger. As mentioned earlier in my reply, the parts catalog shows the same part number supercharger for all the engines, even for those of us with early boats.

In my mind that confirms what my dealer told me both in the parts dept and a technician in the shop. I am going to order a new supercharger this week rather than sending mine out for a rebuild. It is priced at about $850, so I figure it pays for itself very quickly. I seem to remember that a rebuild is about $450, so a new supercharger is less than 2 rebuilds and it means I don't have to stand on my head every 2 years to pull the supercharger for rebuild! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps
My 2014 scarab has twin rotax 250's - so I would need 2 of these, correct?
What's the cost of rebuilding? about $450?
I only put about 50 hrs/yr on mine. I'll hit the 200 hr mark near the end of this year. Guess I should get shopping now.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My 2014 scarab has twin rotax 250's - so I would need 2 of these, correct?
What's the cost of rebuilding? about $450?
I only put about 50 hrs/yr on mine. I'll hit the 200 hr mark near the end of this year. Guess I should get shopping now.
Correct, you need 2, and the rebuild cost is $450-$600 (Presuming you do the labor yourself to remove and reinstall the supercharger).

Mr Ed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I purchased one rebuilt on EBAY for 600 have not had time to put it in yet they are all the same however maintenance free one has 15 teeth and the older one with ceramic washers is 13 teeth they are not interchangeable from my understanding. They all look identical except the teeth difference where it connects to engine internally. Hope this helps I will post once my new rebuilt is in. The nut that secures the shaft is different on the maintenance free one which identifies the maintenance free product.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Rather than rebuilding my seven year old supercharger, I installed the new one, part number 0461943, as indicated earlier in the post. It is a one for one bolt-in exchange. I have now been running it on my boat (195HOI, SC 250) for two months and all is good.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Rather than rebuilding my seven year old supercharger, I installed the new one, part number 0461943, as indicated earlier in the post. It is a one for one bolt-in exchange. I have now been running it on my boat (195HOI, SC 250) for two months and all is good.
im assuming you have a 2014, as do I. Did you have to do anything for this to work? As stated above, I heard the gears have different count of teeth.Im currently trying to locate a new SC. Thanks in advance.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
So I Heard the 04670314 are indefinitely on Backorder, Anyone know what's replacing it?

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No modifications, "simple" bolt in installation. We've been running the boat for several months now with the new supercharger and have had zero issues. the tooth count is exactly the same as the old supercharger I removed (2014 original equipment). The new part number is 0461943 .