• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New guy from the Panhandle of Florida

Scotty_R8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As the title states, I live in the Panhandle of Florida and recently just purchased my first boat, an 08 AR230. Unfortunately I was only able to take it out twice before I ended up blowing a motor. I was told by the previous owner that the same one had just blew on him last fall and luckily it's still under warranty so after a week of ownership, it now sits in a shop out in Panama City. Browsing some of these pages, I'm noticing that I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry this happened to you. Sounds like the engine might not be the problem and is the result of something else gone bad (due to same engine blowing again). Good luck and hopefully you find the real issue.

:Welcome:to the forum. Please posts pics when you get her back. We love boating pics and good times involving boating.

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where In the panhandle are you i know o the 03 to 06 the computers were bad ablut going bad any idea what went wrong with the motor

Scotty_R8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where In the panhandle are you i know o the 03 to 06 the computers were bad ablut going bad any idea what went wrong with the motor
I live in Navarre. From what I was told by the previous owner, the boat had sat for a bit and had an oil leak that wasn't detectarted prior to start up. He had the engine replaced with one from SBT about 6 running hours in. Once I bought it, checked fluid levels and took it out for the first outing for maybe two hours or so. Next outing I checked oil levels again and they were good to go and got maybe 15 minutes down the water when I heard an odd noise and got the flashing lights and shut it down. Engine bay was fill with oil and part of the block was laying in the compartment. Following day I contacted the shop that did the engine change and verified it was still under warranty. Delivered him the boat that afternoon. Few days later I speak with him and one of the rods went right through the block. Supposedly no indication was present in the computer and he was confused as to what would of caused it. Good thing it is under warranty. Bad thing is labor costs are at my expense and who knows how long it will take to get a replacement motor.

Scotty_R8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry this happened to you. Sounds like the engine might not be the problem and is the result of something else gone bad (due to same engine blowing again). Good luck and hopefully you find the real issue.

:Welcome:to the forum. Please posts pics when you get her back. We love boating pics and good times involving boating.
20210305_163645.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking boat. Sorry to hear about your troubles with it already but at least it's under warranty