• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New impellers, rpm loss?

ma11er

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just had my first ride last week end on my 08 210 and noticed that i had a 500rpm drop on both engines, I have the boat since 4 year and i always been at 8500rpm at WOT, both engines, now they top 7900-8000 rpm

This winter i had both of my original impeller rebuild from impros and i did a ribbon delete on both of my engines, notes that you can't just remove the ribbon in the intake just like 1.8 do and be able to put it back after since the intake is in two piece and before they glue/mold the two piece together they insert the ribbon with the rubber around so what i did is remove the intake and barely destroy/remove them..

So i'm wondering can the new impeller made my RPM drop by 500rpm?

Or did the ribbon delete did the opposite of the 500RPM i was trying to get? note: i didn't find anyone that did it on a mr1 non-ho 110hp like i have

Thanks