• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jeep Pickup

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love the concept. I really like the 4 door Wrangler but those low capacity numbers are a deal breaker for me.

If it were a more capable version of Ram 1500 platform I would be excited. Unfortunately I bet it is an even more stretched Wrangler with lower capacity than a Dakota.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Been reading this for years. Don't hold your breath. I sold my 4 door because it couldnt pull my boat. It's like the bronco, imo, makes for a good article at the beginning of every year.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've seen (and driven) a 4 door Jeep pickup that was a custom job. It had a 6.1 or a 6.4 Hemi under the hood. It was a beast!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fail! I hate these hybrid suv/truck combos. The El Camino was cool but everything since is no Bueno in my eyes.

Bring me a 4 door SUV on the ram chassis to compete in the Taho/Escalade realm.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yhea, I don't know what the platform will be. I do see references to a diesel being in the works as far as an engine option. Not for everyone but if you have/had a jeep you may like this alternative.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is different from the jeep truck my roommate had in college, back in the late 80s/early 90s. His was more like a Toyota sr5 and I'm almost sure it was a 4 cylinder, maybe 6.

This is not something that would make my shortlist if I was in the market. I've only had one jeep and it will be the last one I ever own, it was great for a while but once the problems started they never stopped. Not more than 5 minutes after I traded it in the dealer's tech came in to tell the salesman that the check engine light came on as they drove it into their back lot.

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
ahhh the illusive jeep truck , been talked about since the jk jeep came out in 2007. If a truck actually goes into production it more than likely will be the same chassis , but slightly stretched for a longer wheelbase . A v8 ... Maybe but doubtful . Granted the jeep is not the same as a 1/2 or 3/4 ton for towing . With some relatively easy mods you could exceed the 3500 towing capacity and not dread towing your boat . The biggest would be the ring and pinion gear ratio . I have a 2010 jku with lift and 37 in tires , I swapped out the stock 3:73 gear set and went with 5:13 gears . Huge difference ! Current boat is just over 3500 and new boat we ordered is around the same . Yes still not a full size truck with a v8 , but sure is fun hauling the boat to the lake with doors off and top down !!:thumbsup:

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am waiting to get this to pull the boat next year.
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Powertrain
It should seem obvious that the supercharged Hellcat V-8 would eventually find its way into a few more engine bays. Paired with four-wheel drive, the 6.2-liter’s 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque could help the Grand Cherokee breach 60 mph in less than four seconds.

Attachments

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I am waiting to get this to pull the boat next year.
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Powertrain

It should seem obvious that the supercharged Hellcat V-8 would eventually find its way into a few more engine bays. Paired with four-wheel drive, the 6.2-liter’s 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque could help the Grand Cherokee breach 60 mph in less than four seconds.
Id give my left one for that engine in my wrangler !!

onuxi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My bet is a rejuvenated Jeep Comanche on the JKU frame.