• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jet boat owner advice on upgrades

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a 2019 AR240. I have read so many threads in the last week! I have my audio system in mind thanks to all the input here. Prob. JL audio with 2 added speakers and sub next to capt. chairs. I just want to know if the Cobra fin/fangs set will greatly improve my steering at speeds? I was able to load and off load people dock easily with stock set up. Granted no winds were present. But I did notice that the boat is difficult to make turns at speeds. Will CJS help with that? How much does Ridesteady cost and do we have a hook up here? Promarine smart charger is it easy to install? Already ordered Stoltz bow rider, Keel Shield, spare tire cover JB edition ;), Trailer lock and locks for safety chains and pulled pin and placed lock there as well, Box anchor and fenders (from old boat), and deluxe premium boat cover Did i miss anything?

PS. are oil changes 1st tune up easy to do on these boats.
Thanks in advance for the info.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi! :Welcome: to the forum. The fins are super great at low speed and may help when on plane if installed properly. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC can answer that beter than anybody. The Pro battery charger are not difficult to install assuming your somewhat handy. just follow the instructions. Oil changes are simple (make sure you get a good oil suction tool). Seems like your (almost) ready for summer. Let the good times roll!!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just bought a 2019 AR240. I have read so many threads in the last week! I have my audio system in mind thanks to all the input here. Prob. JL audio with 2 added speakers and sub next to capt. chairs. I just want to know if the Cobra fin/fangs set will greatly improve my steering at speeds? I was able to load and off load people dock easily with stock set up. Granted no winds were present. But I did notice that the boat is difficult to make turns at speeds. Will CJS help with that? How much does Ridesteady cost and do we have a hook up here? Promarine smart charger is it easy to install? Already ordered Stoltz bow rider, Keel Shield, spare tire cover JB edition ;), Trailer lock and locks for safety chains and pulled pin and placed lock there as well, Box anchor and fenders (from old boat), and deluxe premium boat cover Did i miss anything?

PS. are oil changes 1st tune up easy to do on these boats.
Thanks in advance for the info.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/basic-information-about-the-various-options-from-cobra-jet-steering-llc.16857/ I have the latest system for your boat the super magnum ak-19 deluxe , wind waves high speed slow speed forward and reverse, even off power steering turn as sharp and fast as you dare at speed it's high performance steering and planing surfaces built in by extending the fin brackets so the boat shoots out of the water and is even more stable in chop and if that isn't all customers are telling me the wake is pretty darn clean. The top fins in the center add even more control when you are in slow mode off plane in forward and reverse, I also made it so people with the earlier version can upgrade their existing system very easily and inexpensively. The full system is currently only $489 and the upgrade kit with the new planing surface fin brackets and the top fins is only $139, with free shipping in the U S A as always.

Attachments

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! The owner of @Ridesteady is on here. Justin is super helpful. You just missed the group discount. I just installed mine. Looking forward to trying it out.

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did it run you? Show us some pics!

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Single engine with external display somewhere around $1300 ballpark after rebates and the discount. I try not to keep track of my spending. Lol I bought an different Ram mount for it as well so I could adjust it if needed. Super easy install. Hardest part was getting behind the dash panel. Its tight to get to screws on the far side. Haventgot to take it out yet...

Attachments

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What did it run you? Show us some pics!
Ridesteady is awesome as a speed control or raise control. It is well worth it ,weren't surf either. We use ours asa cruise control and for wakeboarding.

Yes the fins help with turning, even of trottle if you set them for down al the time.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@arodr72 welcome and congratulations! What elevation are you running at? I'm boating at lakes between 4,500' and 7,000' and one of the mods that made the most improvement for my AR240 was swapping impellers for a pair of altitude pitched 6CW impellers. They're the stock impellers from the AR/SX 190 boats. They improved performance across the board for me, even high speed handling. I don't know that the swap is as drastic of an improvement for those at sea level.

I couldn't recommend the Ridesteady more. It's been a top mod for 4 seasons. Justin is great to work with and has really proven he's gone all out to make a great quality product. I love the engine syncing and it's spot on in speed control for any sport. It's a one time investment that will really improve your boats capabilities.

If your interested in surfing, there's a whole list of things we're can help you "invest" in. 😉😉 if you're after some watersports gear feel free to message me, I'm a dealer for Slingshot, JetPilot, O'Brien, soon to be Airhead and Jobe. I can help give some recommendations and some great discounts. I've got more products on their way in over the next couple weeks.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would not own a Non E-series boat without the Ridesteady. I added it to my last 2010 AR240 and it was, without a doubt, the best upgrade I had ever made on that boat. Just the throttle sync ability while cruising was worth the investment.

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I usually boat on the Colorado river. Lake Mead is at 1200' ish and Usually i go to Lake Havasu 750'. So am i should be good on impellers? Whats the best price anyone has seen on the Jl audio M6 6.5 speakers... 395/pr. Holy $#!&

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I usually boat on the Colorado river. Lake Mead is at 1200' ish and Usually i go to Lake Havasu 750'. So am i should be good on impellers? Whats the best price anyone has seen on the Jl audio M6 6.5 speakers... 395/pr. Holy $#!&
The M3s can be had with leds as well and are slightly more budget friendly. Primary difference are the cross over hardware and the tweeter size. They are good speakers too. Check out local audio shops and see if you can make a deal. I ended up knowing a ton of people the manager knew from my racing and car club days. Knowing I was about to drop some cash on premium tint for my Explorer an 8 channel amp, a custom box build and a JL Sub he was willing to deal to get me to purchase the 3 pairs of M6s. I can say that they are night and day over the factory Polks on the same amp.

I've done other brand speakers and amps over the years in my cars. Kicker, Fosgate, MTX, Pioneer and Alpine. With the exception of an Alpine Type R 12 that I cant seem to kill(11 years now) everything ends up being swapped for JL after the first brand dies. I just spend the money up front now for the quality and performance.