• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jet Boater Intro - '22 195S

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello - a little late to the game as I picked up our new boat at the end of March but loving it so far. Currently out in Utah right next to Utah Lake so hoping to get some good boating in over the summer with the fam! Still a bit cold for any water sports but have been loving just going out for a cruise first thing in the morning or after dinner. Looking forward to diving into all the resources here, although I wish I had found this sooner. Already installed thrust vectors and the lateral thruster 2.0 but probably would have skipped the LT's after reading through the content on here. Thanks and glad to be here!

IMG_6416.JPGVSWA2080.JPG

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Welcome! Great looking boat!

You’re going to get about 30k replies urging you to replace the bow roller with a Stoltz before it marks your boat up. 😀

Glad to have you with us and jealous you have yours in the water already!

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

You’re going to get about 30k replies urging you to replace the bow roller with a Stoltz before it marks your boat up. 😀

Thanks! Have the stoltz roller on order - it should come later this week. I was starting to feel like the crazy guy since it's only been in high 40's / low 50's for the past few weeks but I want to get as much time on the water as I can. Not too hopeful the water levels will hold by the end of the summer after the past few years of drought here. Currently the marina's sitting in about 3.6-4 ft of water so we'll see how it goes.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have cut the grass four times and put the snowblower away for the year. Was hoping to get the boat out of winter hibernation this week and get it ready. We had three inches of snow yesterday and it’s supposed to be in the mid 80’s this weekend.

We play the too much water game here… every time it rains hard, I shy away from the rivers because of the murky water and all the stuff floating in them, particularly in the spring when all the deadfall washes down.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Lol - I’m someone who waited too long before replacing 😢

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello - a little late to the game as I picked up our new boat at the end of March but loving it so far. Currently out in Utah right next to Utah Lake so hoping to get some good boating in over the summer with the fam! Still a bit cold for any water sports but have been loving just going out for a cruise first thing in the morning or after dinner. Looking forward to diving into all the resources here, although I wish I had found this sooner. Already installed thrust vectors and the lateral thruster 2.0 but probably would have skipped the LT's after reading through the content on here. Thanks and glad to be here!

View attachment 175918View attachment 175920
Welcome! Nice boat - wish that color was available in 2020!
You will have some fun adding all the upgrades you learn about on this forum! 💰

JasonB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Such a beautiful blue color! I wish is was available with the cool interior. Happy boating!

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Such a beautiful blue color! I wish is was available with the cool interior. Happy boating!
I love the color! Initially thought the same thing about the interior looking at pictures online while we were waiting for it. But after seeing it in person I actually prefer the warm color now. Happy boating to you as well!

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Welcome! Nice boat - wish that color was available in 2020!
You will have some fun adding all the upgrades you learn about on this forum! 💰
Definitely looking forward to it! How do your fatsacks hold up with wakesurfing on the 195? My lake is pretty shallow so not sure if it would even be worth it to try here but thinking about a Lake Powell trip towards the end of the season would be fun.

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have cut the grass four times and put the snowblower away for the year. Was hoping to get the boat out of winter hibernation this week and get it ready. We had three inches of snow yesterday and it’s supposed to be in the mid 80’s this weekend.

We play the too much water game here… every time it rains hard, I shy away from the rivers because of the murky water and all the stuff floating in them, particularly in the spring when all the deadfall washes down.
I was stationed in South Carolina for a few years - I miss all the green and lakes the East Coast has to offer. Don't miss mowing my lawn in December though!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely looking forward to it! How do your fatsacks hold up with wakesurfing on the 195? My lake is pretty shallow so not sure if it would even be worth it to try here but thinking about a Lake Powell trip towards the end of the season would be fun.
Fatsack holding up fine. How shallow? Usually we are in 12ft up to 100ft depth, but We have surfed in as little as 6’ but with a sandy/mud bottom clear of stumps and it was fine. They say the ideal is 20ft, but I really don’t notice a difference

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new Yammie!

(I was SOOO late to the Stoltz party too. Hope my boat will forgive me for screwing the pooch on that one.)