• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Job... heading to SC.. need advice.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Hey everyone, as you can see I just joined the forum last week and haven’t even picked up my boat yet and today just got an offer for a new job in South Carolina. It will be in the Charleston area. My question is what’s the boating like there? Need some help because believe it or not... this will play a major role if I accept or not. I’m in Central FL now with plenty of lakes and of course the areas along the coast so curious as to what is like in SC. Thank you!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a ton of boating there in the warm months. In the winter it is up to you, just depends on 5he weather and how warm you like it.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is similar to Savannah - sounds, tidal creeks, rivers and open ocean. You will be able to boat 9+ months, and you may be able to boat during the remaining 3. We were out last February on an 80 degree day, and two weeks later we had a rare ice/snow storm. The fishing is good - slow during the peak of the summer heat. There is a Yamaha Boat Dealer, Charleston Power Sports.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only real difference is temps. The water temp is to cold to enjoy about November till about mid April. You can still boat during that time frame some but the water temps wont really allow for enjoyable swimming or water sports with out a wet suit.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Instead of boating in fresh water lakes of Central Florida you will be boating in water from brackish (mix of fresh and salt) to full salt water which will require a little more boat maintenance and cleanup after each usage compared to boating in just fresh water. On advantage of boating there is that you are not limited to the lake area to boat, you will have endless area to explore.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SC boating should not disappoint. We really enjoy boating around Charleston and love the foothill lakes where we live. I had the boat out on Monday. I really enjoy aspects of winter boating which is extremely peaceful compared to the summer days of water sporting. You have the water to yourself. It turns crystal clear in the winter and the sun has a way of keeping you nice and warm most of the time. Jetboats make it easy to be on the ready for the warm days that scatter through the winter.
A9AD805E-F0F0-4702-B668-0FF1D01A461E.jpeg
90D54B8E-D121-4B9B-B9B6-4CA1EAE4F29E.jpeg
1FB91ED2-C0E4-454D-9E4B-0610ED4C279E.jpeg

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
SC boating should not disappoint. We really enjoy boating around Charleston and love the foothill lakes where we live. I had the boat out on Monday. I really enjoy aspects of winter boating which is extremely peaceful compared to the summer days of water sporting. You have the water to yourself. It turns crystal clear in the winter and the sun has a way of keeping you nice and warm most of the time. Jetboats make it easy to be on the ready for the warm days that scatter through the winter.
View attachment 85936
View attachment 85937
View attachment 85938
Great Pictures! Thank you very much for the info.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 85936
View attachment 85937
View attachment 85938
Looks like Hartwell out near Clemson?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exactly! Hartwell water gets too hot, too murky and too crowded for our liking in the summer; but I love it in the off season and it is the closest water to home with a free ramp.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exactly! Hartwell water gets too hot, too murky and too crowded for our liking in the summer; but I love it in the off season and it is the closest water to home with a free ramp.
Where do yall go? Hartwell is dead compared to lake lanier... we went up to hartwell on the 4th it was like normal weekend on lanier.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Wisefam22. We switch between Keowee (north end) and Jocassee.