• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member- 2017 Scarab 255 HO Impulse

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Awesome! Check those ballasts if you have them.

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No ballasts, but thanks for the advice!

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Quick review from this weekend:

Took delivery on Friday and was able to run the boat for a couple hours this weekend. Was wayyy too windy on Lake Geneva this weekend to take her out for any longer. She ran strong, 6800 rpm max (as expected until break in is over). Was able to get up to about 44mph with the limited rpm's. Beyond the minor issues below, overall I think we are gonna love this thing!

Few problems:

1) Not really impressed with the fit and finish on a few items: Engine hatch (pic below) has very unequal gaps when closed, both looking from inside the boat and from the swim platform, door to the head compartment has same unequal gap from top to bottom. The aluminum windshield frame where it dies back down into the side of the boat looks like it has a raw cut on it and was ground down to look finished.

2) Engine hatch flew open three different times while under power. Called the tech from the dealer out and he tightened a nut on the pin that the latch comes down onto. Seemed to fix the issue as the hatch did not come up today at all.

3) The color insert on the wake tower fell off. Two of the four plastic pins are broke. My thumb is covering one of the pins that was broke. Gotta call the dealer tomorrow and hopefully they'll just order us a new insert.

4) Found screws, a couple nuts, metal shavings, and a blue plastic cap in the bottom of the engine bay near the bilge. Not cool. Maybe my dealer should have found that?

5) After our first hour run we needed to add antifreeze to both tanks as there was barely any left in the overflow when the engine was cold.

These seem to be minor issues that should be easily resolved.

Attachments

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Scottdip
How's the boat holding up? Dealer fix most the issues?
I was wondering if your boat has a self bailing cockpit?
I noticed on this: http://www.scarabjetboats.com/uploads/2018/1/2018PIGScarab.pdf
That the 2018 is listed to have a self bailing cockpit, which is 50% of the reason a Yamaha owner wouldn't switch. It has is listed for the OPEN models, not the G or ID models, so I was wondering if this is something built into the hull, or just the back deck of the OPEN series. We also need some 2018 shots if you're around!

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Scottdip
How's the boat holding up? Dealer fix most the issues?
I was wondering if your boat has a self bailing cockpit?
I noticed on this: http://www.scarabjetboats.com/uploads/2018/1/2018PIGScarab.pdf
That the 2018 is listed to have a self bailing cockpit, which is 50% of the reason a Yamaha owner wouldn't switch. It has is listed for the OPEN models, not the G or ID models, so I was wondering if this is something built into the hull, or just the back deck of the OPEN series. We also need some 2018 shots if you're around!

Boat has been great all season. Haven't had any issues so far besides a dock attendant putting gas in my water reservoir instead of the gas tank!

Dealer took care of all the small issues that I referenced in my earlier post.

As for the self bailing cockpit, I'm honestly not sure. My boat is a 2017.