• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member! - 2021 252SE in Round Rock, TX

bravoechoniner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Welcome and beautiful boat. Exciting to see it, I have the same one on order but still about 4 months before it’s boating season here so I will live vicariously through you!
Please keep us updated on performance and handling as you get it through break in. Looking forward to your posts!
We've put about 8.5 hours on it since we picked it up in early October. We arent doing a ton of watersports right now because we have a little one to watch while out on the water, so lots of floating and just enjoying being out on the lake. However, I will tell you that everything that I've experienced driving the thing thus far is flawless. Ran WOT for a spell after we got the suggested break-in period done and with 4 adults, one child, 90% fuel and about 100 lbs of gear, got it to 47-48 MPH with light chop/wind - plenty fast for me as I'm not much of a speed freak and wanted more of a family cruiser than a haul-ass ride. The boat handles chop really well! The initial acceleration is really impressive though and the thing pops right up onto plane even without jamming the throttle.

When floating, the bigass bimini on the SE models does act as a sail and your wind related drift is noticeably quicker than a boat with a smaller bimini - but I wouldnt trade that bimini for anything, I love it so bad. The Central Texas sun can get pretty gnarly in the summer months and I'm a pasty white boy, so the more shade we can get on the lake, the better.

As stated by everyone forever, low speed handling takes a bit to get used to due to the jet drive, but I'll probly end up installing some aftermarket steering upgrades for the wife's sake as she's the one that puts it back on the trailer at the end of the day haha. Other than that, I have nothing but positive remarks on performance.

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So happy to hear you’re enjoying it. Keep the details coming!

agregory44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Right there with you! Purchased ours a couple weeks ago and took it out for the first time today here in FL. Loved it! Still learning handling a little being first jet boat but will get there. Docking was different.

pres2028

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Congrats man! Make sure to post some pics on the water when you have a chance, want to see that bad boy in action. Enjoy!

Jbade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey everyone! LONG time lurker, first post and finally a card-carrying forum member. Picked up my 2021 252SE yesterday from the local dealer and, after a brief outing on Lake Travis here in central Texas, brought her home and couldn't be happier. I am a fairly young guy (33) and I've been working hard towards owning my own boat since my early/mid 20's - FINALLY made it happen! I have been stalking these forums for years enviously reading about Yamahas as I've had my heart set on one forever, can't tell you how good it feels to, at long last, be part of this community.

I wanted to create a intro post here and also offer up answers to any questions folks might have about the new 2021 25 foot boats because Yamaha seems to be plugging the really high-end wakesports models (for obvious reasons...) and not giving proper shrift to the other phenomenal boats they're making. I searched high and low for info on the 252SE's ever since the 2021 launch announcement in August and there's just not a ton of info out there at all... So if you have anything you'd like to know about it, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get you an answer. For now, here's some pics of the rig!

Thanks and hope to see y'all out on the water!

View attachment 134969

View attachment 134970

View attachment 134971

View attachment 134972
Nice! We have the blue with the tan interior. Only issue I think I have just blown my starboard rear speaker. Any idea where to get a replacement?