• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member and new (to me) SX230

vbjoe7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got back from a 3 day road trip out to Sacramento, CA to pick up my new-to-me 2006 SX230. All the information on this forum helped me feel comfortable to pull the trigger on this boat, so thanks for all the great info you've already given me.

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

Now to immediately winterize it and let it sit unused for 6 months!

boat.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congratulations !! be sure to look at the link in my signature below about possible issues with your model boat,

Be sure to get some cleanout plug locks or something to prevent a plug blow out and check your scupper, lot's of good housekeeping task to keep you busy until spring,

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @vbjoe7. I have the exact same year & model. Bought it used 10 years ago and the boat & this forum have been great. You got a winner.

vbjoe7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
congratulations !! be sure to look at the link in my signature below about possible issues with your model boat,

Be sure to get some cleanout plug locks or something to prevent a plug blow out and check your scupper, lot's of good housekeeping task to keep you busy until spring,
Thanks for that link. I've looked over it quite a bit before I bought. The SS scupper replacement looks pretty involved and I'm not overly mechanically inclined, is it in a relatively easy fix?

Will be ordering plug locks shortly!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the boat and welcome!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m also a fairly new member, and I’ve got a twin to yours. I did the stainless steel scupper upgrade to mine, and it’s a little bit of a pain, but I wouldn’t call it difficult, or complicated. The worst part was tightening the nut on the new scupper. You need a wrench that fits down in that tight spot. I made mine out of 1/4” stainless steel, but might’ve gone a different route had I known what I know now. Also, the stainless scupper will likely need to be ground down a little bit on the outer flange. I stuck mine in a lathe, and turned it down, but others used a grinder/flap disk to make it fit. Other than those two complications, it was a basic replacement. Obviously, don’t forget 4200 or 5200 sealant. And I strongly recommend doing the swap. Can’t have that plastic piece break, revealing a +-2” hole below waterline. Was worth it for peace of mind alone.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. You'll love it for sure next season. This forum is a great place for finding anything you need.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum :Welcome:!!! Lots and lots of good info in these threads. Like mentioned above, now is a good time to get some mods done so when spring rolls around you're revving to go. Good luck!!

Congrats on the new boat!!

vbjoe7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m also a fairly new member, and I’ve got a twin to yours. I did the stainless steel scupper upgrade to mine, and it’s a little bit of a pain, but I wouldn’t call it difficult, or complicated. The worst part was tightening the nut on the new scupper. You need a wrench that fits down in that tight spot. I made mine out of 1/4” stainless steel, but might’ve gone a different route had I known what I know now. Also, the stainless scupper will likely need to be ground down a little bit on the outer flange. I stuck mine in a lathe, and turned it down, but others used a grinder/flap disk to make it fit. Other than those two complications, it was a basic replacement. Obviously, don’t forget 4200 or 5200 sealant. And I strongly recommend doing the swap. Can’t have that plastic piece break, revealing a +-2” hole below waterline. Was worth it for peace of mind alone.
Thanks for the great tips! Sounds like I’ll need to borrow a few things from my more mechanically inclined friends to get it done, I appreciate knowing that beforehand!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the great tips! Sounds like I’ll need to borrow a few things from my more mechanically inclined friends to get it done, I appreciate knowing that beforehand!
Heck yeah, man! Just read up on the thread that details the whole job, it gives very detailed step by step instructions. Good luck!

Jmland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We'll come. I am new to having a jetboat also. I have had boats all my life but never a twin jet. Yamaha. This forum is the best place for info. Great people good luck and safe boating.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length