• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member from Boston with Yacht Blue 195S!

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I just want to give a huge 'Thank You' to this forum for all of the advice, tips and knowledge that is shared here. The online Jet-Boat community is truly second to none and a big reason why I decided to go with Yamaha for my very first boat purchase. A little background on me - I have almost ZERO experience boating but had the chance to go out with a few friends over the course of this summer and absolutely fell in love with the idea of being on the water. In August, my friend took me out on his 21 foot Yamaha where I had a chance to see what all the hype was about. Between the swim platform, incredible interior layout and the performance, I was sold on the brand!

After I decided that boating was for me, I ran into incredibly difficulty even finding one to look at! As many of you have pointed out, COVID has created a unique supply/demand relationship for Yamaha... When I first called a local dealer, I asked if I might be able to come in and just see some of the boats on the showroom floor. He basically laughed at me and informed me that there was ZERO chance of me seeing a boat, as so few of them were coming in due to issues at the factory. He apparently had a waiting list of 25 customers already waiting to purchase boats as they came! I was really disappointed, as I felt like I needed to see some of the different models up close and personal before making my final decision on which size would be right for me.

I then moved on to trying to find a used model... I found a few awesome looking boats on Craigslist that seemed to be priced quite reasonably. However, time after time, it ended up being a Western Union scam. I quickly realized that the used boat market was nearly identical to purchasing new, maybe only saving a few thousand at best. I figured that if I'm going to spend that much for a used boat, might as well go all out and just pull the trigger on a new one.

Some time passed since then and I've continued to read as much as possible on these forums to educate myself. This week, I noticed a Facebook post from a dealer just a little ways south of me... They posted a picture with 3 or 4 new boats still wrapped on the back of a truck! I called my boss to let him know that I was going to need the day off from work. I shot down there and sure enough, they had a beautiful Yacht Blue 195S sitting right on the showroom floor.

They also had a 252SE, AR195, AR190 and an SX190 along with a few other 21 footers. After looking all of them over, I was really won over by the 195S. For me, as a new boater, I wanted something that would be easy to tow, store, trailer and launch. However, I also really liked the upscale features of the 'S' model. The Seadek looks absolutely great on her and I love the idea of a supercharged motor! I'm not anticipating having anymore than 4-6 people out at one time, so I think that this size will work out very well for me. The dealer I worked with was awesome (Twin City Marine in Rhode Island), they are family owned/operated, very friendly and answered all of my novice questions. After my visit to the dealer, I ended up walking away telling them that I wanted to think things over before making my final decision.

I couldn't sleep that night as I imagined myself next summer at the helm of the 195S and knew that it had to be in my future. The next morning, I got an email from the dealer and I told him that I was ready to move forward with purchase! We signed the paperwork today and I'll be looking to take delivery in April 2021 as the season is already pretty much over here in the Northeast. Anyways, I'm SUPER excited to say the very least and already counting down the days to next April!

My next plan is to take a boating safety course online this winter and just continue to learn as much as possible before taking delivery. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great online community!

195S 1.jpeg

195S 2 .jpeg

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats!! Welcome to the "Family"
Love the Blue/Gray combo, one of my favorites.
Glad to see the towels on the SeaDek..its a must for me anytime its not in the water. It makes such a huge difference having a great dealer. I have a friend who owns a Moomba Dealer, you just feel so comfortable with your questions and concerns. I've dealt with numerous dealers who every time you had a question you were bothering them.
Winter is a great time to spend money on mods, tips and tricks.
Happy Boating in the Spring!

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Thank you for the kind words @InmyElement! I was also happy to see how well they seem to treat their new inventory. Everything was roped off and you could only approach one of the new boats with a sales rep to ensure there weren't any 'accidents'. So far, Twin City has been an absolute class act and I'm looking forward to continuing a long term relationship with them. Lol, right now I don't even have a tow vehicle. So before any of the winter mods, I'm going to need to find something to haul this thing! :)

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good luck! You will love her. Go with a 1/2ton pickup or bigger. That will be a great first boat for you!

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excited to see some pics. I’m waiting on a 195 but will take a s also if it comes in sooner. Really like your color combo.

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Thank you guys! Fingers crossed yours comes in soon Justin!

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
WHOOO HOO! Even tho i have the same boat for some reason i love looking at pics of other peoples boats. I didnt think i would use that table and when i finally did it was nice to have when there was several food items sitting out in peoples laps.

Last edited:

Faraim97

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275E
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new purchase. I ordered my 275 from Rudy @ Twin City. This is my second yamaha boat. First one being a 2012 242 Limited. We boat on the north shore so we might bump into each other.

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Yeah, the table is definitely a nice to have when you need it feature! Faraim97, I'm based in Revere and will probably be taking up to the Merrimack river quite often. Any good spots on the North Shore that you'd recommend for a first time boater?

VADER332

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I just want to give a huge 'Thank You' to this forum for all of the advice, tips and knowledge that is shared here. The online Jet-Boat community is truly second to none and a big reason why I decided to go with Yamaha for my very first boat purchase. A little background on me - I have almost ZERO experience boating but had the chance to go out with a few friends over the course of this summer and absolutely fell in love with the idea of being on the water. In August, my friend took me out on his 21 foot Yamaha where I had a chance to see what all the hype was about. Between the swim platform, incredible interior layout and the performance, I was sold on the brand!

After I decided that boating was for me, I ran into incredibly difficulty even finding one to look at! As many of you have pointed out, COVID has created a unique supply/demand relationship for Yamaha... When I first called a local dealer, I asked if I might be able to come in and just see some of the boats on the showroom floor. He basically laughed at me and informed me that there was ZERO chance of me seeing a boat, as so few of them were coming in due to issues at the factory. He apparently had a waiting list of 25 customers already waiting to purchase boats as they came! I was really disappointed, as I felt like I needed to see some of the different models up close and personal before making my final decision on which size would be right for me.

I then moved on to trying to find a used model... I found a few awesome looking boats on Craigslist that seemed to be priced quite reasonably. However, time after time, it ended up being a Western Union scam. I quickly realized that the used boat market was nearly identical to purchasing new, maybe only saving a few thousand at best. I figured that if I'm going to spend that much for a used boat, might as well go all out and just pull the trigger on a new one.

Some time passed since then and I've continued to read as much as possible on these forums to educate myself. This week, I noticed a Facebook post from a dealer just a little ways south of me... They posted a picture with 3 or 4 new boats still wrapped on the back of a truck! I called my boss to let him know that I was going to need the day off from work. I shot down there and sure enough, they had a beautiful Yacht Blue 195S sitting right on the showroom floor.

They also had a 252SE, AR195, AR190 and an SX190 along with a few other 21 footers. After looking all of them over, I was really won over by the 195S. For me, as a new boater, I wanted something that would be easy to tow, store, trailer and launch. However, I also really liked the upscale features of the 'S' model. The Seadek looks absolutely great on her and I love the idea of a supercharged motor! I'm not anticipating having anymore than 4-6 people out at one time, so I think that this size will work out very well for me. The dealer I worked with was awesome (Twin City Marine in Rhode Island), they are family owned/operated, very friendly and answered all of my novice questions. After my visit to the dealer, I ended up walking away telling them that I wanted to think things over before making my final decision.

I couldn't sleep that night as I imagined myself next summer at the helm of the 195S and knew that it had to be in my future. The next morning, I got an email from the dealer and I told him that I was ready to move forward with purchase! We signed the paperwork today and I'll be looking to take delivery in April 2021 as the season is already pretty much over here in the Northeast. Anyways, I'm SUPER excited to say the very least and already counting down the days to next April!

My next plan is to take a boating safety course online this winter and just continue to learn as much as possible before taking delivery. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great online community!

View attachment 134617

View attachment 134618
Congrats. In a few months I hope to be in the same position that you are, with a 195S. I have limited boating experience as well. Over a period of 10 years I have rented boats when we vacationed in Bermuda (Blue Hole Watersports) and jet boats locally. I like the maneuverability of the jetboats. I took the Boat US online course so far. I totally agree, this forum has been most helpful. I have also been working on my knots too.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Jtlacrozmaster. Where in the Boston area are you? Will you be boating in fresh or salt? We're on Cape Cod doing the salty dawg thing. Give us a shout if you get out this way.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats. In a few months I hope to be in the same position that you are, with a 195S. I have limited boating experience as well. Over a period of 10 years I have rented boats when we vacationed in Bermuda (Blue Hole Watersports) and jet boats locally. I like the maneuverability of the jetboats. I took the Boat US online course so far. I totally agree, this forum has been most helpful. I have also been working on my knots too.
Yes sir best boating community out there! Unlimited knowledge

SoxFan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Welcome to the family. You will love your Yamaha.
I’m in Southern MA, near Foxboro, if you ever need assistance or advise.

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Welcome to the family. You will love your Yamaha.
I’m in Southern MA, near Foxboro, if you ever need assistance or advise.
Thank you for the warm welcome!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@Yamahaul wife wanted a table, just one of the many reasons we went with the 195S.