• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member from Kennesaw, GA

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone, just purchased a 2019 Yamaha AR210. We get to pick it up on Friday. We are extremely excited and can't wait to get it on the water. Looking forward to all your advice.

What was your first mod? Really hoping we can set it up for wake surfing but have no idea where to start. Thanks again, Chris

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey! Welcome to the family. Where will you be boating? There's lots of us in lake Lanier. It seems to me that at present the best way to get a surfable wave is the gatlin products ballasts coupled with either their wake wedge or the yamaha wake booster.

Funny totally recognize the Park Marine parking lot there haha. Good stuff

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey! Welcome to the family. Where will you be boating? There's lots of us in lake Lanier. It seems to me that at present the best way to get a surfable wave is the gatlin products ballasts coupled with either their wake wedge or the yamaha wake booster.

Funny totally recognize the Park Marine parking lot there haha. Good stuff
Thanks, we spend a lot a time at Allatoona but we will definitely be heading to Lanier this Summer. We also have a couple of Sea Doos at Little River. We did purchase from Park Marine, Lol. I'm looking into the gatlin products. Thanks for the welcoming and looking forward to meeting some of you out on the lake.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought mine from Park Marine as well. You will find they will do an excellent job taking care of you! We stayed up towards the top end of the lake where it is a little smoother and quieter. I didn't have to do to much to the boat. I adding steering assist and then put shelves etc in the head space. Congratulations and enjoy!

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought mine from Park Marine as well. You will find they will do an excellent job taking care of you! We stayed up towards the top end of the lake where it is a little smoother and quieter. I didn't have to do to much to the boat. I adding steering assist and then put shelves etc in the head space. Congratulations and enjoy!
Thank you , Park Marine has been extremely helpful.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @cgcaraway, welcome to the group.

Step one for creating a surf wave is to increase your displacement. That means ballast. Every surf device on the market for Yamaha works better with additional ballast. The Gantlin Products "Custom Transom Ballast Bag" is the answer in my opinion. However, you may want to couple it with another bag in the nose or ski locker to help you get the bow down, help you plane, and lengthen the pocket. Use as much as those twin TR1's can handle. @jcyamaharider (Gantlin Products owner) is your source for info on this.

Step 2, decide on a shaping device. I've not seem anything that can creates a wake af clean and as big as when the Gantlin Wake Wedge is paired with the transom bag. The booster is okay, and the Thrust Vector Wakes are showing promise.

Now is time for my shameless self promotion... I just so happen to be a watersports dealer. My company is Transom Watersports. I'm a dealer for Slingshot, O'Brien, JetPilot & Body Glove. We currently all our Slingshot products are listed on our site. We just brought in a truck load of O'Brien stuff that includes a bunch of ropes (every type and flavor), wakeboards, kneeboards, etc... here's a link to the O'Brien Catalog (surf rope section). The black and white "Relax" surf rope would match your boat nicely. Most anything in the catalog is available even if it's not in my inventory. Same with the Slingshot stuff.

Always talk to me before making a purchase from our website because I'm always willing to give folks here a better price than what I'm allowed to advertise publicly. Let me know what watersports stuff you're in need of and I can give you a screaming deal on all of it. Shoot me a message and I'll hook you up if you like.

Congratulations!

Last edited:

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @cgcaraway, welcome to the group.

Step one for creating a surf wave is to increase your displacement. That means ballast. Every surf device on the market for Yamaha works better with additional ballast. The Gantlin Products "Custom Transom Ballast Bag" is the answer in my opinion. However, you may want to couple it with another bag in the nose or ski locker to help you get the bow down, help you plane, and lengthen the pocket. Use as much as those twin TR1's can handle. @jcyamaharider (Gantlin Products owner) is your source for info on this.

Step 2, decide on a shaping device. I've not seem anything that can creates a wake af clean and as big as when the Gantlin Wake Wedge is paired with the transom bag. The booster is okay, and the Thrust Vector Wakes are showing promise.

Now is time for my shameless self promotion... I just so happen to be a watersports dealer. My company is Transom Watersports. I'm a dealer for Slingshot, O'Brien, JetPilot & Body Glove. We currently all our Slingshot products are listed on our site. We just brought in a truck load of O'Brien stuff that includes a bunch of ropes (every type and flavor), wakeboards, kneeboards, etc... here's a link to the O'Brien Catalog (surf rope section). The black and white "Relax" surf rope would match your boat nicely. Most anything in the catalog is available even if it's not in my inventory. Same with the Slingshot stuff.

Always talk to me before making a purchase from our website because I'm always willing to give folks here a better price than what I'm allowed to advertise publicly. Let me know what watersports stuff you're in need of and I can give you a screaming deal on all of it. Shoot me a message and I'll hook you up if you like.

Congratulations!
I appreciate all the valuable information and contacts. I will absolutely be contacting you as soon as I pull the trigger to set up for surf.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to forum fellow Georgian! I live in Marietta, and kept my boat at Park Marina on Allatoona before selling her. Boatless now, but hopefully for not too much longer.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to forum fellow Georgian! I live in Marietta, and kept my boat at Park Marina on Allatoona before selling her. Boatless now, but hopefully for not too much longer.
wait, you are getting another one?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
wait, you are getting another one?
Yeah, that's the plan. We sold to take a year off, and to finish out a basement. I miss the boat more than I thought I would for sure. I initially thought I was 100% going to get a v drive wake boat, but I am starting to be more 50-50 between that, and a 242X. There were so many things we really enjoyed about the Yamaha that we don't know if we want to give up for a dedicated wake boat.