• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member from Washington State

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all,

New member here from Kennewick, WA. I currently have a 2012 Sea-Doo 180 Challenger with the 255 hp version. Looking to be switching to a larger boat this year. Currently looking at the 22 foot Chaparral vortex boats or a Yamaha if I can find a good price on a 24. This seems like a good forum. Glad I found it.

We're glad you found us,

update your profile with your location so we can see it on your posts, it will also automatically add you to the member map,

Was the Doo your first boat ? How have you enjoyed it ?

Welcome Aboard PolarXJ. We are glad you joined. There is a lot of discussion happening these days around the new Chaparral's vs. the 2015 Yamaha's now that Boat Show season is upon us. You should find some good reading.

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome Aboard! Good luck on your search for a new boat!

@PolarXJ Welcome. Great time of the year to be looking for a new boat. There has been some great discussion recently on Chaparral Jets and how they compare with the competition. Enjoy your reading.

Hello, and welcome!!

Thanks all. The Sea-Doo was not my first boat. I had a Bayliner I/O before it. Before the Bayliner I did almost 10 years in the Coast Guard so I have logged a lot of time on the water. The Sea-Doo has been a great boat but with the family scheduled to grow in March its time for a bigger boat. I look forward to reading up on the Yamaha offerings as well as the new offerings by some other companies. I am really looking into the Chaparral 223 with the 300 HP (twin 150s) variation to avoid the supercharger maintenance. The local dealer has some of the new Chappys in stock and after sitting in them their fit and finish are great.

Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you here. :D

I almost forgot.... Thank you for your service!!!![flag]

@PolarXJ Welcome! :Welcome:

And thank you for your service.

Adding my welcome as well! Looking forward to hearing the details of your search for the new craft. I was at the boat show down here last week and looked over the Vortex and the 242 options. The choice would be tough, were I to be making it this year...

Anyway, welcome!

Back