• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member in Greenville, SC

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was pointed here by another member after expressing my interest in getting into boating.

A little about me:
I grew up in South Africa. My parents had a weekend house on Vaal Dam where I grew up living the water life. We had several boats over the years including a 1991 Supra Combrio. I remember fondly that boat. My father does not. He prefered his Mustique Fish and Ski w/ 200 yamaha out back. We immigrated to the US in 1994 as dad had found work and we'd been robbed twice in a year while we were out. This despite living in a fenced and patrolled neighborhood. I am a 16th generation South African. No my parents were not missionaries.
His boats in order:

Dad brought his Supra back with him. Only to realize what had been a very specialized and expensive boat in SA was actually made in TN and was not that special in the US. We boated for a few years but dad's constant concerns of us actually splashing the boat or you know, having fun with it made it a chore rather than fun to be out on the water. I sold the boat for him while working at Carowinds one summer to a coworker.

Fast forward to after college, I am now married to a girl who's father has a 1996 Body Glove Nautique for skiing and a 2800lsr Regal for pleasure cruising. She grew up the american way, on the water. We would go out at least twice a season with him. Things were great until my parents and her's had a falling out. All of a sudden we only go out once a season and my parents always talk about how much fun they used to have going out.

Now if we lived in Charlotte or Fort Mill I'd probably have a boat already. But where I live in Greenville is a good hour away from the closest boating lake (Hartwell). This was always a hindrance in the past but I have now decided that I do not care. We are going to make a try of towing to whichever lake we feel like each weekend and enjoy life. My two boys (4 and 2) are water kids like myself. The eldest has issues like his momma putting his head under water. The youngest's philosophy in life is that everything worth doing is worth doing naked and screaming. I want them to grow up with the camaraderie and enjoyment of life boating gives us.

Heck, who knows maybe I'll do the Bimini Trip next year. Sean Mclean is already trying to talk us into going.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Towing is no big deal.. We tow everywhere we go. And because of it we can go to any lake we want. Our closest is about 45 min away. . But we have several within two hours

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@LukePrinsloo We tow our boat from Anderson area to Lake Keowee, Lake Jocassee, Richard B. Russell, Strom Thurmond and Hartwell. Strom Thurmond and Jocassee are both just over an hour one way towing. We are blessed to have so many boating lakes so very close to us, living in the Greenville area.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Brandon_SC I am in the Duncan area so it's a bit further for me than for you!.
:p Closest hartwell landing is 1 hour, wylie at buster boyd is 1.5 hours...

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup" Like you I’d rather be boating than driving!