• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member, New Boat

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone!

I recently bought my first Yamaha, 2012 SX190, coming from an ‘87 sea ray Seville 17ft bow rider.
I love the boat and have already changed the HU and speakers, new drain plugs, clean out plug repair, seat above engine hatch reupholstered (couldn’t get the company to quote me on a split seat), etc. the boat is looking pretty close to new other than the carpet and grey mooring cover, as well as some scratches from the PO on the black part of hull from not correctly docking.

A few of my carpet connectors are pulled through, we have two huskies (who get hair stuck to the carpet like crazy, making it difficult to vac out), and it does smell sometimes. I’m thinking about buying seadek from JBP during the group buy. However, not sure how long I will have the vessel. I plan to keep it for at least the next 2 seasons...should I invest in seadek when the GB opens or should I just deal with the carpet because it won’t add value to the resell value? Or will it? That is my question. Also, would it be worth it to get the outside paint corrected and dock dings sorted prior to trading in?

Essentially I’m just trying to keep the boat and possibly repair if it will pay off in the value down the road when I go for a new boat after I purchase the bigger necessities in life in the next year.

Thank you all in advance!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome. Gratz on the boat. A lot of good stuff on these forums and definitely knowledgeable members.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You got my SUV, what year?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
TruckandBoat.jpg

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you all for the compliments! Of course that was the picture with the Bimini in the wrong position for traveling. Lol.

@HangOutdoors 2017! Fuel mileage is disappointing compared to our previous duramax, but what’re ya gonna do.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jjones-stevens_2020 Mine is a 2017 as well. I bought it used a few months ago when I turned in my 2018 F-150, which I miss a lot. Family wanted more room for friends. Gas mileage is not great compared to F-150.

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jjones-stevens_2020 Mine is a 2017 as well. I bought it used a few months ago when I turned in my 2018 F-150, which I miss a lot. Family wanted more room for friends. Gas mileage is not great compared to F-150.
A x5 diesel would be my ideal vehicle for towing and family, just haven’t pulled the trigger. What were you getting with the f-150? Which engine?