• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new member, trailer question

kloot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Everyone, just bought my first jet boat, would of never thought since i was dead set on an outboard, pretty concerned from others remarks here about quality of build though. With a one year old, my priority is more family oriented than fishing our of NC. My plan is to mostly use the boat inshore or near shore on nice days (spanish makeral), and take it out on lake as well for tubing.

Question: Anyone have a recommendation on trailer guide pools? I will be alone on launch and recovery.

First drive: engine was a bit louder than expected, but ran well. Steering will take some getting use to at slow speeds. the price point of this boat with the t-top and the openness of the back of the boat are very desirable.

attached is a pic of our first outing on lake jordan.

Attachments

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @kloot ... update your profile with your area... there are many of us here in nc... and if u were at Jordan lake that's right in our neck of the woods... can't help u on the poles... I replaced my trailer and it came with some. Welcome !

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ditto on the CE smith lighted poles, that's what I also use. And, welcome fellow North Carolinian!

kloot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If your using the boat in freshwater/lake mostly I would not be concerned with the build quality. I am the one who has posted negatives comments in regards to the build quality and I still stand by them, The boat is not meant nor is it built to holdup in saltwater/ocean conditions. It just wasn't made to with stand the harsh elements & constant beating of waves during offshore fishing. I had an inclination of this when I purchased the boat but I have still been surprised at a few things that have broken/needed replacement within the 1st year of ownership.

It is what it is...I'm sure most will not have the issues or results that I do. Enjoy the new boat!
I do plan to take it out near shore fishing, no more than a couple of miles off the beach on really nice days to try to get on some spanish or kings, but overall i got the boat to so inshore sandbar stuff with the family and try my luck on some reds, flounder, and trout.

would love to take it to the tampa or keys to do some snook fishing as well. the cost point of this boat along with the family amenities like the t-top and many other options made me bite, im just a soldier that can afford to much, especially when i have to trailer 2 hours from ft bragg to hit the cost.

thanks for the insights that you have experienced!

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Question: Anyone have a recommendation on trailer guide pools? I will be alone on launch and recovery.[/QUOTE]

I thought about poles before I started launching and recovering but after a couple months I don't think they are needed. You can easily see the bunks in the water both night and day. If the boat were longer and had higher gunnels I could see the benefit. I find it drives right on with no issues.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @kloot and congrats on the new boat.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My backup mirrors are not the best so for my wife I have thought about getting the backup poles. I am used to backing trailers so for me its a non-issue and found loading/unloading the boat is really easy. Check out www.jetboatpilot.com they have a really good you tube video on launching the boat. They also sale the thrust vector which helps with idle speeds. There is another company "Cobra" I believe that has a model as well that will stay in place all the time. When it comes to inshore and price point for a center console boat this boat is tough to beat. This boat was a big change for me coming from a Triton Bass Boat but my wife seems to really like it and it handles rougher water. Now that I am not fishing tournaments like I used to and making more trips down to Florida this boat is fitting that role pretty well.

Thomas Godden

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I installed VE-VE guides, Beyond the Wake – Boat Trailer Guide Pads and CE Smith LED lights

Attachments

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This boat is easy to get back on the trailer. It's also easy to center the boat if it's off to one side a little on the trailer while the trailer is still in the water. I am still going to get the poles just so it's easier to see where the trailer is at when I'm backing to the boat ramp to retrieve the boat.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The poles definitely would help when backing down a ramp that has a steep drop off as well.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @kloot and congratulations on the new boat. I bought the VeVe guides 48". its just enough to see the empty trailer as I back down the ramp.