• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Mercury Diesel

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt it. Maybe in the bay and ocean, but lakes and rivers don't usually have diesel. They work great in boats, but the infrastructure is not there for small boats.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not jet boat related, but pretty cool. Wonder if there is a future of diesel powered ski/wake Boats?

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/engines/diesel/mercury-diesel/30l-150-270hp/
Interesting read.

I was pricing Rinkers a few years back and found out they have been offering diesel (Yanmar I think) for quite some time in any hull over 24ft in length. I remember pricing a 28ft bowrider with a diesel and being around $90k or something. With the engine being about an $8k option in there.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Watched a guy dock a pretty good sized Statement with (4) 400hp outboards on it, using the joystick. It's really wild to watch the outboards not all point the same direction. We were at the lake cumberland poker run, and he was squeezing in between two other "go fast" offshore looking boats. Had maybe 3ft on either end between him and the other expensive machines. Pulled in, centered the wheel and the throttles, then grabbed the joystick and came right in. Perfect docking in some otherwise stressful conditions.