• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Modular Jet Ski?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This sounds fairly interesting. Modular jet ski that can be rode standing up, sitting down or kneeling. Can fit in the back of a car and priced at $3,495. Available early 2015.

Between this and the new Sparks it seems the jet ski market is really coming around to building affordable skis.

Click here for the full article...

And their promotional video;

Might be small enough to put inside the boat or across swim deck. Ride it around while wife sits and swims.

I like it. More than the monsters at the boat show. I've been watching the sparks closely, will have to keep an eye on how these do too. Thanks!

Interesting but it looks very awkward to ride. $3500?? That pretty steep considering a used pwc can be purchased for that. If they do get any traction in the market, do you think one of the big guys will buy them out and shelf the patents/idea?

Great proof of concept and this is very cool. The fact that you can carry it down to a beach and tow it in a car makes it very practical for a kid.

I thought it must be electric but their website says that it uses very little fuel per hour. Small displacement

I'd be interested if it would fit in the ski / floor locker of my boat so that I could easily take I with me on boating trips.

This thing will be horrible in the ocean or with any decent surf/waves...way too small. Good for lakes though.

Back