• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Car Prices

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There's starting to be a good number of tundras on the ground and deals happening on them. They're also priced well under what the domestic trucks are. Maybe they're playing games with cars and loss leaders like that, but they're doing the right things for trucks.
That is good to hear. Ten years ago my wife looked at Tundra's. They wouldn't budge off their price at all.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Try and buy it. I would bet dollars to donuts it's not available or there are other add ons, rate bumps, etc.
This is a reputable high volume dealer constantly winning dealer of the year rewards in MD.
They usually stand by their word. Multiple locations. 325 F-150 in stock. Ford is also running low financing offers so that dealers game will not fly with me.
I am never attached to a vehicle. Don't care about how much I pay per month (favorite dealers pitch) I always look at final price, financing rate, trade in. So far found couple Sales guys that do not play games, pretty much give their best out the door price and may come down another $500.

I am planning to get a new truck but most likely next Spring. Hope they will be even more motivated.
As others mentioned I didn't see any Tundras on dealers lots around me for the past couple years, all trucks were pre sold. Now my dealer has 10 on their lot!?!?
I had Tundra and F-150 before, love Toyotas, but not a fan of new 6 cylinder engine and transmission, so started looking at F-150. I may check RAM as well, RAM dealers usually have the best incentives.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Try and buy it. I would bet dollars to donuts it's not available or there are other add ons, rate bumps, etc.
I tried that at the Sheehy Ford dealer in my neck of the woods. Turns out that truck was 50 miles away. I told them I would drive to that dealer rather than pay a delivery fee. That's when the hard sell came out. I will wait to see if the market settles more.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I tried that at the Sheehy Ford dealer in my neck of the woods. Turns out that truck was 50 miles away. I told them I would drive to that dealer rather than pay a delivery fee. That's when the hard sell came out. I will wait to see if the market settles more.
If they really want to sell they will send someone to get that F150 from their own location.
My dealer when they wanted to sell a car would trade with another one to get me color and options I want.
Best time to hit dealership is at the end of the month, that is when motivation extremely high. Plus Memorial Day is not that far away.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If they really want to sell they will send someone to get that F150 from their own location.
My dealer when they wanted to sell a car would trade with another one to get me color and options I want.
Best time to hit dealership is at the end of the month, that is when motivation extremely high. Plus Memorial Day is not that far away.
In 2016 my wife bought a Charger, she wanted a specific color and specific features. They found it about 250 miles away. They brought it in and got us the price we wanted. That is how you make a sale lol Looking back, a loaded up RT for 30k was a steal.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come the fall, I see discounts and incentives coming on vehicles. There is a steady declince already.

Alot of people whom purchased/leased vehicles this year and last will start to whine that they overpaid, just like when they bought their Yamaha for 10-15k over MSRP.

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come the fall, I see discounts and incentives coming on vehicles. There is a steady declince already.

Alot of people whom purchased/leased vehicles this year and last will start to whine that they overpaid, just like when they bought their Yamaha for 10-15k over MSRP.
Stopped by the Ford dealer last week to drive a mach e GT (short on that, it's terrible and tiny inside, and gives virtualy no thrill for as quick as it is), ended up driving a new 23 f150 powerboost platinum while I was there. 83 grand MSRP, and they had deleted the heated steering wheel. Nearly 100 thousand dollars, and they give you a piddly credit for deleting the heated steering wheel. It also had deleted massage seats, which is one of the things you get when you go from lariat to platinum (lariats can't be optioned with massage seats). Sales guy said they've been dead and haven't sold a high trim truck in weeks. Griped a little about how his management thought not forcing add-ons for over MSRP was a "deal" and wouldn't do anything better than that. Said they would order anything I wanted without a deposit because they'd at least get fresh inventory someone wanted vs whatever Ford sends them that way.

I can honestly say I've never talked to a more positive in the face of adversity sales guy. He was honest about them not selling crap and there being very few people even coming in. Said he wasn't making any money and that he didn't care since he was retired military and his wife worked from home so it got him out of the house.

He told me they had a meeting the week before with all the managers for the district to talk about nobody selling crap. He told them "the only people who were buying at high interest rates and markups were desperate or idiots. We ran out of idiots and desperate people don't buy 60k trucks." Said the district managers agreed and then said they had to figure out how to turn it around. He said "discounts!" and was told that they needed to find another way to convert sales. He said "we have no foot traffic to convert" and was told that their store needed to improve their advertising then. So basically, sounds like the top brass is delusional and thinks they're gonna get top dollar still.

Side note, I really liked the powerboost. Needs more power, but that's solved with a tune. The electric motor combined with the Ecoboost makes for a really nice power delivery. I still wish it was a PHEV, with a bigger battery and a more powerful electric motor. I've said it once and I'll say it again, get me 30-50 miles of EV only range that will still hit 90mph in EV mode and the rest will fall into place.

Still gotta drive a tundra, and at this point, may as well wait and see what 24 brings, but if there's not a major develoment (500hp turbo inline 6 from ram with a hybrid motor in a non-lifted truck), I'll probably end up ordering an f150 powerboost and waiting for one without deletes... Or buying a 2020 truck.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are trucks, SUV's and cars everywhere on the lots around here. They are hardly selling, the Sales Guy said, but mentioned there won't be any discounts coming anytime soon...... I guess he doesn't understand economics or that is one of his sales techniques.

$800-$1000 lease payments on new Trucks and SUV's. They lost their minds. It is all good. I will be here waiting for it all to come tumbling down and then i can see what kind of deals they want to give out.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Covid free money are gone. That cash allowed people to buy Rav 4 for $60k. That cash and chip shortage created perfect storm of high demand. I doubt that everyone needed a new car or truck in the past 2 years but tend to believe government handouts caused that demand.
Prices totally nuts I see some new Sequoias listed for $89k. Literally double what it was 5-7 years ago.
When prices were low I was trading cars every 3-5 years mostly for newer model, was running out of warranty, or had some issues that needed fixes. 0 or 0.9% financing helped too.
Now with $60-80k new price tag I am holding for cars longer and buying extended warranty too.
I am waiting for 15-20% off msrp and at least 1.9% financing. I am sure it is coming we just need to wait a bit more.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I read an article from Ford Truck enthusiast wherein the head honcho of Ford was saying there would be a 5% reduction or that they were lowering 5% now.

Just as has been discussed in the used boat prices thread, inflation=increase in prices of everything = reduction of disposable cash=increases in inventory=basic economic principal of supply and demand, high fuel prices, and high interest rates ( I know of at least one person who opted out of their planned boat purchase due to high interest rates) are going to force price reductions, dealer / manufacturer sponsored cash back incentives and low interest rates if the manufacturers want to sell cars, boats, RV’s etc.

I’m going to be watching for a late model slightly used slide in truck camper so I can extend my stay at lakes a ways away from home. Also want to put a hitch on the rear of my toy hauler to tow the boat with, that’s pretty common here.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are trucks, SUV's and cars everywhere on the lots around here. They are hardly selling, the Sales Guy said, but mentioned there won't be any discounts coming anytime soon...... I guess he doesn't understand economics or that is one of his sales techniques.

$800-$1000 lease payments on new Trucks and SUV's. They lost their minds. It is all good. I will be here waiting for it all to come tumbling down and then i can see what kind of deals they want to give out.
The impression I got was that the sales guy, as well as everyone else involved got it. At a higher level, they're being essentially "sell for more with less". Translating from corporate BS, I get the impression that Ford's top leadership is trying to maintain the current profitability they had when there was lots of free money floating around. So they're trying to sell at full price and not subsidize interest rates. Ain't gonna work. They're gonna need to throw a lot of money on the goods on these things.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I read an article last week that department stores are seeing a big drop in consumer spending and a slow down in traffic. The article later says that people are shifting their spending and buying cheaper and less goods and spending more on travel currently. TSA reported the busiest day ever even pre-Covid last week. I can personally attest to the travel frenzy. My wife and I just got back from a short trip to CO. There were hardly any rental cars available, the cars were very expensive, hotel availability was scarce, and the airports were nuts!!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Covid free money are gone. That cash allowed people to buy Rav 4 for $60k. That cash and chip shortage created perfect storm of high demand. I doubt that everyone needed a new car or truck in the past 2 years but tend to believe government handouts caused that demand.
Prices totally nuts I see some new Sequoias listed for $89k. Literally double what it was 5-7 years ago.
When prices were low I was trading cars every 3-5 years mostly for newer model, was running out of warranty, or had some issues that needed fixes. 0 or 0.9% financing helped too.
Now with $60-80k new price tag I am holding for cars longer and buying extended warranty too.
I am waiting for 15-20% off msrp and at least 1.9% financing. I am sure it is coming we just need to wait a bit more.
You will see the 20% off - you won't be seeing 1.9% from banks. You will get the choice of 20% or 1.9% from manufacturer finance... and then haggle what you can. This is just back to the normal. The sub 3% rates were awesome but that isn't going to come back as norm.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will see the 20% off - you won't be seeing 1.9% from banks. You will get the choice of 20% or 1.9% from manufacturer finance... and then haggle what you can. This is just back to the normal. The sub 3% rates were awesome but that isn't going to come back as norm.
It's gonna be interesting to see what happens the next few months. The entire economy is funded by debt and with debt becoming expensive it's grinding to a halt. I can't imagine the fed leaves rates this high and allows the economy to tank, but the root cause of the inflation is still out there and as bad as ever. There's a very real possibility of alternating between the fed spiking and slashing rates to try to balance something that they don't have control over the real underlying issue.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's gonna be interesting to see what happens the next few months. The entire economy is funded by debt and with debt becoming expensive it's grinding to a halt. I can't imagine the fed leaves rates this high and allows the economy to tank, but the root cause of the inflation is still out there and as bad as ever. There's a very real possibility of alternating between the fed spiking and slashing rates to try to balance something that they don't have control over the real underlying issue.
Latest June reports still show the economy is running strong. 340k jobs added last month.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Latest June reports still show the economy is running strong. 340k jobs added last month.
If it’s the Federal govt that is putting out those reports I doubt the veracity of said reports. Okay, lets assume that there was truly 340,000 jobs added and not 3400 jobs as was the big lie a few months ago, that’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the jobs that were lost from early 20 through the end of 21. Labor force participation calcs were changed in the mid 90’s for political reasons and thus do not show true labor participation rates in the US.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wouldn't know it from what I see. Several of my friends companies have stated they're not doing raises, will be laying off people, are suspending some benefits, etc.

All the theme parks around here are seemingly going into panic mode about low crowds. Huge deals on tickets for Disney and Universal. Gotta think that's economy dependent.

I don't have all the answers but it sure seems like we are not running strong.

Side note- I got an Instagram ad for Nissan titans. They're running 0% for 60 months and a cursory glance at listings showed several dealers offering about 10% off MSRP, no special manufacturer rebates or anything. Loaded pro4x is MSRP of 64k offered at 58k with 0% does seem like a decent offering for a truck truck. Probably cheaper overall than buying a slightly used 2020 f150 comparably equipped.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah something doesn't smell right. What is being portrayed, is not really what is going on

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it’s the Federal govt that is putting out those reports I doubt the veracity of said reports. Okay, lets assume that there was truly 340,000 jobs added and not 3400 jobs as was the big lie a few months ago, that’s a drop in the bucket in comparison to the jobs that were lost from early 20 through the end of 21. Labor force participation calcs were changed in the mid 90’s for political reasons and thus do not show true labor participation rates in the US.
But the added jobs were mostly jobs lost during covid