• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Okie on board

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Howdy as we say around here!

We should get our AR190 from the dealer next week and can't wait!

This would be our 4th boat - 4th time is the charm, right..
After an old pontoon (21ft, 50hp 2-stroke - yikes!), a G3 jon boat for fishing and a 20ft deck boat, we finally did the plunge to buy a spanking new boat. The others were between 10 and 20 years old, so a step up in every aspect!
Already been reading the forum for weeks and thanks everyone for the useful contributions!!

Is there a list of inspection points (when picking up at the dealer) specific to the 2021 models?
Is the issue with the anchor storage drain still a thing or did Yamaha address that by now? I haven't seen any recent posts on that one..
What are your thoughts on the optional extended engine warranty? does it make sense? how much did you pay for it?

Thanks in advance and happy boating :cool:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!
What lakes dp you normally visit?

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks!

We usually go to Skiatook, Keystone or Oologah lake (all Tulsa area).

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! I have seen some still do the upgrade and install the through hull drain for the anchor locker - I am going to see how mine works this season without any drilling and then decide.

I would say wait on the extended warranty (unless they toss it in - not likely) - a couple members have indicated if you wait Yamaha will send you reminders and the price keeps dropping the closer you get to the end of the factory warranty - so wait and then purchase it then direct from Yamaha for less money... and avoid paying interest on it if you are financing.

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you Craig! They haven't told me yet how much they would charge but i will keep this in mind for sure!

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's not exactly a bargain o_O
Thanks for sharing.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
That's not exactly a bargain o_O
Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, kinda like most insurance/warranties though. It's only a bargain if you need to utilize it! Still a bargain in comparison to the electronic store "would you like extended warranty for 10% product price". Hahaha

With a single engine, I am curious what they offer you. I am guessing 60% of that, so around $1,700 range?

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't gotten the offer yet, but i'll report back when i get the number!

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy Friday everyone!

Quick update:
- the extended warranty would be $2k. Will pass and see if they offer a better price in a few months.
- Delivery day is scheduled for Tuesday :)
- Goodies on order: box anchor, anchor buddy, cobra deluxe fins, 12V fridge from summit racing (same model as amazon but only $269 vs. $329, didn't want to shell out triple that for a dometic...)

Cheers!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Joern Good Pass on the warranty, probably. I passed on mine and as I approached the my 1 year date they have been sending me marketing emails for the last couple/few months. This month it went down another $250 so I bought the 3 year on my model. $1500 for 3 years and have twin engines.

Which fridge di you buy?

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's more like my kind of discount on the warranty, almost half off! Nicely done.

I was eyeballing this fridge from amazon

But a little further looking revealed the exact same model at Summit Racing even cheaper and IMO a better logo on the side, only thing i noticed Summit didn't mention bluetooth - couldn't care less:

Plan is to store it behind the captain's chair and i'll look for a good spot to install a 12V outlet. Possibly a double outlet, one for the fridge and the other one to quickly connect the battery charger when in the garage.
Speaking of chargers, how do you guys wire in the chargers? Before, i used an automatic battery disconnect (disconnects aux battery when it's being discharged from use, connects when either one is being charged) but only hooked up 1 trickle charger for 2 batteries. Do you use 2 channel chargers/separate chargers or this it ok to have them on one?

Cheers!

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
That's more like my kind of discount on the warranty, almost half off! Nicely done.

I was eyeballing this fridge from amazon

But a little further looking revealed the exact same model at Summit Racing even cheaper and IMO a better logo on the side, only thing i noticed Summit didn't mention bluetooth - couldn't care less:

Plan is to store it behind the captain's chair and i'll look for a good spot to install a 12V outlet. Possibly a double outlet, one for the fridge and the other one to quickly connect the battery charger when in the garage.
Speaking of chargers, how do you guys wire in the chargers? Before, i used an automatic battery disconnect (disconnects aux battery when it's being discharged from use, connects when either one is being charged) but only hooked up 1 trickle charger for 2 batteries. Do you use 2 channel chargers/separate chargers or this it ok to have them on one?

Cheers!
I know NOTHING about these, but the model you shared has an upper range limit of 68F?? Do you think this will work on a warm day on the water? It would suck to drop $320 on something that cant keep up on keeping the beverages cold.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
welcome-aboard-welcome-aboard-love-boat-captain-meme-52875874.jpg

Joern

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know NOTHING about these, but the model you shared has an upper range limit of 68F?? Do you think this will work on a warm day on the water? It would suck to drop $320 on something that cant keep up on keeping the beverages cold.
That's the warmest temp you can select and then down to -4 for the inside of the fridge/freezer. Not the outside temp. If that should be the case i'll send it back!

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks!

We usually go to Skiatook, Keystone or Oologah lake (all Tulsa area).
Hi Joern,

I live in BA and have places on Tenkiller and Texoma. Feel free to hit me up for local contacts and assistance if needed. Cheers!

rocky4x479

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man Im loving all the yammies been seeing on Keystone. My wife makes fun of me the way I act everytime I see one its like did we just become best friends lol

TX Drift Away

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to Jet Boats, have a great time with the new boat. Born and raised OKIE but in TX now.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man Im loving all the yammies been seeing on Keystone. My wife makes fun of me the way I act everytime I see one its like did we just become best friends lol
We went to Keystone on Saturday (19 Jun) for the first time, launched from Harbor and hung out in a cove close to the state park/dam area. I saw several Yamahas out there, a very clean ‘05ish 230 launched after we did, didn’t get a chance to talk to him.