• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Orlando Jet Boater Here...Thanks for all the help!

Jacob C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Guys,
My name is Jacob and I am a new jet boater from Orlando, FL! I just wanted to say thanks for all the prior posts. I definitely did my research prior to buying my 2007 SeaDoo Utopia 205 SE...all of the posts I read were really helpful on if I should go the jet or prop route. I am excited to get the boat on the water for it’s maiden voyage this weekend! Looking forward to interacting with the community and reading all of the tips and tricks of jet boating. This is my first boat so I can use all the help I can get!

Thanks,
Jacob

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At first glance read title as "new Orleans jet boater" than read post why is he talking abot Orlando lol

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome. What side of Orlando are you on? I'm in the Maitland/Lockhart area.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, we don't have a lot of rotax/seadoo info but be sure to look at the FAQ tab at the top of the page for lots of great tips/DIY's

Try to make your first trip stress free and not have a lot of expectations other than loading/unloading, docking and slow speed handling, nothing worse than having a boatful of people expecting you to provide them with a good time and have boat issues.

as your first boat remember, never go faster than your willing to run into something!

Jacob C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome. What side of Orlando are you on? I'm in the Maitland/Lockhart area.
I live out east in Oviedo, right by University and 417. What lakes do you usually boat on?

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A group of us boat together most weekends. I like to switch it up. We do Butler Chain of Lakes (Bird Island), Harris Chain of Lakes (launch in Tavares), Silver Glen Springs (launch in Deland on the St John river), and Lake Toho. I haven't tried Conway yet since I got my new boat. Old boat's tower couldn't fold so I could never get under the bridge.

We do coastal boating a bunch too. Last weekend we were out in the Anna Maria Island area. DM me your number if you want me to let you know when we hit the water. We usually start talking on or about Wednesday about the next destination.

MarioDoesIt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I live out east in Oviedo, right by University and 417. What lakes do you usually boat on?
Hey Jacob, new here and to the scene as well. Currently putting back together a 98 Rinker. I’m also on the east side of town(maybe 3 miles from you) looking forward to getting on the water here shortly. Enjoy!