• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new owner

Par190sx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be picking up my sx 190 Thursday. Looking for any tips for taking boat out for the 1st. Never owned a jet Boat before. Also any helpful tips to keep motor up. Any knocks on the motor? Thanks in advance

I try to skip knocks on the motor and go straight to motorboating knockers.

Welcome aboard! The 1.8 motor is a fantastic motor. Give yourself time on your first outing and practice with your boat. Jets require power to be applied to steer etc so there is a bit of a learning curve. If you have driven other boats you will catch on quick. Enjoy it !

get ready to have a good time, get a test ride before you take possession of it just to make sure it doesn't have a hard left pull or doesn't accelerate well, it's very rare but better to get a ride with the dealership to make sure everything is working to your satisfaction,

Welcome! You are probably aware and the dealer will tell you there is a break-in period on the motors. The manual describes the break-in period I believe. Its a hard couple of hours to wait until you can go WOT.

Welcome. I loved my 190, it was my first step into the jet boat arena too.
A few notes on my experience, being a single jet I felt it was just like a jet ski but in boat form, a little surprised with the noise, but did quieten it down a touch by keeping the carpets in. The traditional jet boat steering issue only really caught me out once, but I put that down to people moving around in the boat. I did however fit TV's and was happily surprised with the extra control they gave.
When hooning around it did cavitate (weird, spell check doesn't recognise "cavitate":confused:) but not a real issue, overall I was really impressed with my first Yamaha, so much I'm after another one!

I had one instance with the engine not wanting to start, (but did after a couple of attempts) but I put that down to the air temp in the engine compartment being very hot, which I believe a few have experienced too.

Back