• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Parts!

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went skiing for the first time of the season yesterday and am happy to report the mods were a success.

The improved hole shot made a big difference on our deepwater starts, which equates to about half the drag time behind the boat.

I lost less speed in the turns and can now just set the cruise and leave it alone for the entire run (no more powering up with the throttle).

The stern definitely feels more planted now, but I can still wag the boat on an aggressive cut.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you for the update on your cobra steering system Glad you are now enjoying the boat more and who is doing the driving during your slalom skiing sessions if I may ask?

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I drive for the boat for my Wife and Dad, and they both drive for me.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
very good so did they have any comments on how it was to operate the boat pulling a skier , compared to the previous steering system that was on the boat

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They were both impressed with the improvement.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you for the post I believe this is the first report back on the system being used on a 19 foot boat towing a slalom skier so I wanted to cover all the bases for customers who may want to know first hand.