• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Potential Buyer

CaptainTrips87

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey all, I am reaching out to see if I can get some opinions on my possible upcoming purchase. I am seriously looking at a 2014 AR192 that has around 150 hours on the engine, seems to be in good condition. Asking 32k

I have read threads about the heat soak and possible timing change issues. Other than that, what are your thoughts on this boat / price? I know the market is crazy right now, and that is why I am possibly considering waiting it out. The last thing I want is to drop $30k on a boat, and its value immediatly drops. I am wondering if I might possibly be able to find a 212ss (or other similar model) for a similar or slightly higher price later on.

My main worry with the AR192 is its performance with several people on the boat. I think that moving to a slightly longer boat with the twin engines would solve this, but obviously price and availability dicatate whether getting that boat is possible or not.

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know the boat market is crazy, but that still seems high to me. I think I paid around $32k for my 2014 AR192 brand new and solid it 3 years ago with 180 hours on it for around $26,000. I loved my AR192 but if you can land a 212 that would hands down be the way to go.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It's tough to say without knowing everything about the boat. Is it strictly stock? Does it have any upgrades Is the seller including anything? Is it in perfect condition. What shape is it in? How many hours. Any engine performances?

Pretty tough to guess what she's all about.