• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Potential Jet Boat Owner Yamaha 252 SE 2022

Kmorgs86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey All,

I am actually located in SE Florida and have a boat lift. I've had a few boats over the years, Boston whaler, Trojan and now looking for something that is easy to use, cheap to run (Compared to the 34' Trojan Express boat). The Yamaha Jet boats caught my attention last year, inquired and 2021's were impossible to find down here, anything new was listed well over sticker. I put a deposit down on a 2022 252SE (Blue Hull), will find out pricing and financing options later today when i go to the dealer. I can pay cash for the boat but would like to take advantage of the 2.99%APR as i am sure i qualify with both my wife and myself over 800 credit score and low debt amount.

Curious any experiences you all have had recently with financing through Yamaha and any feed back would be much appreciated. I will be looking at the fine print obviously prior to signing anything.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i have finance once with them here in Canada 🇨🇦 for a side-by-side and the were great to me

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
K.. buy it out right.. never finance anything if you can pay in full..
It depends on each individual scenario. If you are a millionaire sure it makes sense. However, if you have a high credit score and can qualify for a low rate, depending on how savvy you are it is better to use that cash to earn more. You would earn more having your money work for you than the money you would save in interest by paying in cash. Just my two cents :)

adamcoley1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah pretty stupid to inject so much cash into an asset that will depreciate. Not such a wise investment. Don’t know why you would have 100k sitting liquid, stagnant while inflation is 5 percent either, doubly stupid. Leverage a banks capital by utilizing a 15 year note, inject minimal cash (based on your boat owner history you won’t have it for 15 years) ensure your retirement accounts are maxed. That’s what you should be doing with your cash.