• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New project...

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, it seems the weather has not been cooperating with us the past couple of summers. If its nice, we've got things going on. We have time to pull the boat out, weather is cool and/or rainy.

Sooo, the idea of another sports car took hold. This time as opposed to it being a little newer and complete, I elected for one that needs a couple things done to it. We'll have to see how this thing goes. Of course as I begin to dive in my search for parts, I'm quickly reminded that boating is not the only hobby that gets expensive!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like a late model transam / firebird sans the engine . Good luck with it, my first car was an '85 transam.

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup... 4th gen F-Body. '95 Firebird w/ the LT1.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh boy that brings back some memories. I started my speed obsession with a 95 trans am, minor bolt ons and some Lakewood traction bars and Lakewood panarod bar. Went 13.65 at 103 with that car on street tires. later on in life I bought a speed density 93 6 speed Camaro. Did little mods to it until I bought a nitrous kit. Ran a 100 shot thru the car and blew the trans up. Went down hill from there. Ended up being a 9" Moser rear end, Th400 trans, full cage, 355 with big nitrous, tons of suspension mods. went 11.85 @ 121 with that combo. Then the real big stuff started and swapped in a 6.0 LS motor and an 88 mm turbo. Made 1600 horse on the dyno but no track runs. Another motor swap and lost interest in the car, ended up putting in another 6.0 base engine and traded the car off.

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh boy that brings back some memories. I started my speed obsession with a 95 trans am. Minor bolt ons and some Lakewood traction bars and Lakewood panarod bar. Went 13.65 at 103 with that car on street tires. Then I got older and bought a speed density 93 6 speed Camaro. Did little mods to it until I bought a nitrous kit. Ran a 100 shot thru the car and blew the trans up. Went down hill from there. Ended up being a 9" Moser rear end, Th400 trans, full cage, 355 with big nitrous, tons of suspension mods. went 11.85 @ 121 with that combo. Then the real big stuff started and swapped in a 6.0 LS motor and an 88 mm turbo. Made 1600 horse on the dyno but no track runs. Another motor swap and lost interest in the car. Ended up putting in another 6.0 base engine and traded the car off.
Was that in english?:confused:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LOL

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Made sense to me :) My current struggle is to keep from going overboard (kind of like you ended up). Each time I look at a cam or any part for that matter, I end up with something far more radical than I really need. So then I am rethinking it and trying to back it down to something that makes a little more sense. I'd like for it to be a mild LT1 383 build with around 400-450hp. I'm going to keep the 4L60E, but I am sure its going to need to be beefed up. Maybe some mild suspension work. I hope to have a nice little street/strip car to tear around on the weekends.