• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Purchase Good Price? 242SE

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Considering a deal on a 2020 242SE. Right now at 73k total out the door. Anyone have any opinions regarding if I have more wiggle room?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
what extras?

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering a deal on a 2020 242SE. Right now at 73k total out the door. Anyone have any opinions regarding if I have more wiggle room?
Surprisingly unless you are buying used, Yamaha will not provide much more than $500 of wiggle room but what I would do is push for the five year extended warranty if they are not offering it.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should be able to get a starter kit also. Life jackets, anchor fenders etc.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should be able to get a starter kit also. Life jackets, anchor fenders etc.
Agreed A Coast Guard life jacket kit
fire extinguisher
and suction cup mirror I believe is the starter kit

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, only extra is a starter kit, dl4 fenders, dock line anchor kit, etc... Will check the warranty. Price sound good? This includes all fees out thebdoor.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got free 10hr service, plus $500 shop credit (that I used for my first winterization).

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also, not sure where you’re at, but I believe that was what a buddy of mine paid for his ‘19 242x new a year ago (after ‘19 boat show), in St Louis. He got an awesome deal, though including dealer paid sales tax. So, you could be a little on the high side - but I don’t know how much prices came up between 19 and 20 models.

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yamaha is currently showing the price at 73k, not including shipping or set up fees, taxes, title, etc..

Sales tax on the boat is about 6k, which is included in the 73k total in the deal I am considering.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sound pretty good to me. I agree on trying to get the 10 hr service at a minimum.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, only extra is a starter kit, dl4 fenders, dock line anchor kit, etc... Will check the warranty. Price sound good? This includes all fees out thebdoor.
At least you got the fenders and anchor I didn’t get that from Gayles Marine Bakersfield Ca

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great input, I will go back with that as a counter.

Has anyone ever purchased without the Yamaha provides trailer?

I am wondering how much I can get if I eclude the trailer. We never plan to take it anywhere, since we live on a large lake. Any thoughts? Pros vs Cons of this idea? What might the trailer be worth?

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha is currently showing the price at 73k, not including shipping or set up fees, taxes, title, etc..

Sales tax on the boat is about 6k, which is included in the 73k total in the deal I am considering.
The price is not bad but the main concern if you are financing is your interest rate when spread out over 10 or 15 years it can really add up, so that might be one of your biggest savings Area’s

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any thoughts on my trailer question above?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe it’s all a package. You may have to buy it, then just sell the trailer. I don’t think they are offered without the trailer. Not positive though.

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Talked to dealer, they said for warranty they have a mobile guy. Otherwise it is having any services dockside, or paying to have it picked up and hauled in.

They would drop $2k off price of boat without the trailer. Which would also save me a monthly cost of a place to store it. Other than possible service, I never plan to take the boat anywhere.

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good idea about the beer. However, due to present concerns I will request some deep ellum pale ale.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya
y
yamaha does partner with shorelander to make these trailer just for these boat
Talked to dealer, they said for warranty they have a mobile guy. Otherwise it is having any services dockside, or paying to have it picked up and hauled in.

They would drop $2k off price of boat without the trailer. Which would also save me a monthly cost of a place to store it. Other than possible service, I never plan to take the boat anywhere.
lucky guy! Oh how I wish I lived on the lake. One day. So it sounds like you’ve done your home work and talked to the dealership to save some bucks.