• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New purchase

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All

I have a deposit down on the AR250 for whenever that comes available and steering issue gets fixed yada yada. Since I haven't purchased new from Yamaha before, I was curious to see what extras if any anyone was able to get from the dealer at purchase. Was anyone able to get the cover thrown in or the two part cover? What about a table or apparel or so on? From what I understand so far, included in my sale price of 79K after taxes, (I live in NJ), I get the upgraded galvanized trailer, anchor, dock lines, life jackets, possibly a throwable and coast guard kit.

What else should I even ask for or try to finagle in the deal. I'm all about the negotiation and I realize I don't have that much bargaining power at the moment with the way boat sales have been the last few years and inventory issues etc. With interest rates at crazy levels and the price where it is, I feel like I should be able to haggle something else into the deal. Maybe a tube for the kids, float, whatever it is.

So What has everyone been able to sneak into the deal if anything. Would love to hear.

i got all coast guard requirement (everything to go out and boat) and was able to get aft shade for a paltry discount. They are also willing to give me shipping cover but I already purchased oem mooring cover. I got MSRP price back in 2021 plus $3K for aluminum trailers and fees.

IMHO, @HangOutdoors worked a good deal in early 2020 (or was it 2019?) when he bought his boat, which I think is doable again. They don’t have buyers over a barrel anymore. Definitely get the shipping cover (that’s free to them, and should be yours anyway), I think the coast guard kit, and any legally required items (fire extinguishers, etc.) is a reasonable ask. After that, ask for what you want/need or a good discount for future purchases for rest of the season.

Our forum dealer was doing free mooring covers I think. Deals are slowly coming back. You can try getting stuff thrown in but I don't think we are in the market yet to be disappointed if you dont.

Saw some inventory at Wonderland Marine after a post from Ryan. Went back and forth a bit and they gave me a good deal that I couldn't beat. Mooring cover was included. Galvanized trailer slight upcharge from painted. I set up a shipping company to have it delivered to the house. Got here last night. Will open it up today after work like Christmas morning.

Needless to say, would recommend the dealer if you are looking to speak with some good people. I worked with Ryan and Don. My first deal from out of state so I was a bit neurotic and I think Don handled it well. :cool: Will post some pics if anyone cares to see.

Last edited:
Ryan is great at Wonderland Marine. I bought mine from him and have sent many people to him with great results. They are about 20 minutes from my house.

Back