• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Seat Cushion Rub Spot

OkieAR240

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I was out showing the boat to a buddy when I noticed a spot on my seat that needed to be cleaned. Later that day, I grabbed my usual microfiber and water and went to rubbing on the spot. I didn't really rub hard, just consistent. Before I knew it, I had a big white spot where I had been rubbing. No chemicals were used, just elbow grease and water. Has anyone seen anything like this? I emailed my dealer in hopes it will be covered under warranty (I just bought the boat in Feb).IMG_6311.JPG

IMG_6310.JPG

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same experience, but i used a magic eraser on mine so I thought that caused it. I would like to hear what your dealer says, which I am guessing will be sorry but your S.O.L!

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Subscribed to your response from the dealer. This looks like the same material used on my 2013 LS and I also have some blotches that have occurred with similar stain removal methods. Yamaha has lowered the quality of their upholstery material. The upholstery on my 2008 230SX was spotless after 5 years. The textured look might be more fashionable (to sell more boats), but it is now as durable for us owners.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A couple of hours in the sun and you won't even notice it.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not exactly.
I'm just saying - I had some tough spots that didn't come off no matter what I used - and I also had some spots I made whiter/cleaner than the surroundings. And they all disappeared over the course of 2 weeks out on the lake.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the Sun doesn't work just have someone sit there while you are using the boat. I'd forget about as soon as I get on plane or some starts grinning ear to ear grateful for the experience. life is to short as it is to let something like this raise my blood pressure especially if it will cost of a few more minutes or even seconds at the tail end.