• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Shoreland'R trailers and the bowstop issue.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I was all set up to take her to have the bow stop welded this week but when I saw the trailer I thought that it looked like they may using a larger, heavier gauge steel tubing now? Any thoughts or ideas?

Bow stop.jpegBow stop2.jpeg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like an OEM adjustible welded bowstop. If you don't plan on moving it you could weld it to the frame but you probably don't have to do anything. The MFI issue was that it rocked back and forth about 6". That looks like a nice trailer. Cam.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No need to weld the bow stop on the Shoreland'R. Like Cam said, the MFI's needed welding. This bowstop won't move, I'm on season 3 on mine and it's rock solid. The only thing you will have to check is once or twice a season, climb under and snug up all the bunk hardware. My dealer refers to it as a kit trailer and you can tell why by looking at it, so it will need to be tightened occasionally, but they do use locking nuts everywhere so it won't come apart or anything, you'll just notice a bunk board will rock a bit by hand when the boat isn't loaded.