• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New side mounted table bracket cover

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a thread here about side mount table bracket covers but here is my take on a cover and it only cost me $12 for 2 and a little time.

I can verify as folks have said here that if the sun hits the side mounted table bracket for long enough it will melt the SeaDek that is right below the bracket. That is not water stains on the SeaDek, that is were the SeaDek melted from the boat being in the driveway for 2 hours while I was doing some detailing.
Table Mount cover 01.jpg

My solution was to make a full cover that slided and locked into the table mount. I wanted something that was white to visually blend in with the surrounding fiberglass and be made out of plastic so it was light weight and wouldn't damage the table mount. What I decided to use was a 3/8" thick PVC cutter board that I purchased for $10. My first thought was to use a 3/8" thick one for the part that goes in the mounted and the thin 1/4" one for the part that actually covers the mount. What I found out during the construction was after countersinking the screw (#6 x 1/2") in the 3/8" bracket piece a 1/4" cover was not thick enough to hold a screw but a 3/8" cover was, so no need to purchase a 1/4" thick cutting board.
Table Mount cover 02.jpg

Using my table bracket as a guide, I cut the bracket pieces at a 5 degrees tapper with 30 degree bevel edge. The face covering pieces are 4" x 5", I rounded the corners and edges to make it soft on the hands when installing and removing the covers.
Table Mount cover 03.jpg

To secure the bracket piece to the face cover, I used 2 countersunk #6 x 1/2" stainless steel screws plus some epoxy. The notches on the bracket pieces is so the table mount bracket lock pin will hold the cover in place.
Table Mount cover 04.jpg

Here you can see the 30 degree bevel.
Table Mount cover 05.jpg

And here are views with the unit installed. I haven't yet decided if I want to put a lanyard on here or not, my first thought is no but if I loose one then I might change my mind.
Table Mount cover 06.jpg
Table Mount cover 07.jpg

Parts list
1 - 3/8" thick cutting board
4 - #6 x 1/2" stainless steel pan head screws
epoxy

Cut list
2 - roughly 2.5" x 3" x 4", 5 degree tapper and 30 degree bevel
2 - 4" x 5"

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice. Another option would be to make it out of a solid piece of 1/2 to 3/4 stock using a router and a dovetail bit. Keep the bit speed low and feed rate high when routing in hdpe.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We don't make them in production but we could make one for you if you needed one. The price was $29.95 I think. It's been a while so don't hold me to that. Call my office and speak to one of my assistants. They can tell you more about the price and if there are any left in inventory or if we'd have to fab one up.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We don't make them in production but we could make one for you if you needed one. The price was $29.95 I think. It's been a while so don't hold me to that. Call my office and speak to one of my assistants. They can tell you more about the price and if there are any left in inventory or if we'd have to fab one up.
I think you meant to post this in the other thread about covers, https://jetboaters.net/threads/who-wants-swim-platform-table-mount-covers.6301/page-4#post-238381

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just looked and we don't have any of those on hand. If we have maybe 10 guys wanting one we could do a run of 10. Let's call it $29.95 each. See if you guys can come up with ten participants or at least ten unit sales.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just looked and we don't have any of those on hand. If we have maybe 10 guys wanting one we could do a run of 10. Let's call it $29.95 each. See if you guys can come up with ten participants or at least ten unit sales.
@JetBoatPilot if you want to sell any covers I highly recommend posting your information in the other thread about covers, https://jetboaters.net/threads/who-wants-swim-platform-table-mount-covers.6301/page-4#post-238381, this is where people are asking about your covers.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok will do. Thanks!