• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Stator

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
I just installed a new stator from CDI, one without the epoxy coating.
Should it be smoking like this?

Stomp10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Hey @kaylix!
Hard to tell from the video if it's smoke or steam and where it's coming from exactly.
Was there anything you could smell at the time? Seems like you would be able to identify a cooking stator smell as opposed to steam smell.
Take a look at the bullet electric connectors on the engine and look for burnt\cooked connectors.

If you feel like pulling the flywheel again, take a look at the stator. Look for little black cooked bubbles oozing up from the wires.
I added some shots from my old stuff I replaced.
If you have anything like that going on with yours you may need to do further testing.

Attachments

Last edited:

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Very interesting. What causes this? My bullet connectors are definitely brownish.
I don't think it's steam as this happens right after getting on the water.

Stomp10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
@kalix, first thing that comes to mind is excessive amperage draw but, without testing I couldn't say for sure.
Did you detect any smell?

Acripchuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Very interesting. What causes this? My bullet connectors are definitely brownish.
I don't think it's steam as this happens right after getting on the water.
Hello Friend, mine did the same, but it is normal just burning odd some of the excess shellack covering the wires. If it runs ok, it will stop smoking afte awhile just like mine did. Enjoy the water!