• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Stereo System or Hydrophase Ridesteady??

BradGoins

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey guys,

Needing some help with trying to decide which upgrade I would like to add to the boat this year. Right now, I'm between upgrading the stereo system and adding the Ridesteady to my 2008 Yamaha 212x.

We don't do a lot of watersports, mostly tubing around our local lakes so wondering if the ridesteady is worth the money? However, I like the idea of synchronizing the motors with ease, replacing the stock speedometer, along with ease of adjusting RPM's in chop. Also will probably make the boat more enjoyable for my wife to drive with the syncing of the motors.

For the stereo, I currently have the stock Sony head unit with stock speakers that come on the 2008. The owner before added some tower speakers along with a Kicker amp which I have not been able to get working as of yet. I'm not super skilled with audio equipment but I think I could figure it out once I dig into it. Any pointers on trouble shooting would be appreciated!!

From what I can tell, the amp is only connected to the tower speakers with the factory bow & stern speakers powered by the Sony head unit. I can't see any power lights from the way the Amp is sitting under the helm.

Keep in mind when thinking about the stereo system, I'm not one that I want to be the loudest on the water. I just want something with pretty good (not great) sound and can listen to music underway (5000-7000 RPM).

Now for my thoughts on the stereo upgrade, I was looking at the below equipment to replace the head unit and stock speakers. Do you feel I would get any benefit in sound from just doing the below components now? I wouldn't hook the speakers up to an Amp currently. But my goal would be able to hear music when I'm underway.

Current Idea:
Fusion MS-RA210 - Main goal here would be to get bluetooth for streaming from iPad or iPhone along with updating the look.
Wet Sounds RECON 6-BG - Again just replacing the existing (4) factory speakers

Future Idea:
Add (1 or 2) additional Wet Sound RECON 6-BG speakers in the near the captains chair mid cabin as I would like to be able to listen to music underway.
JBL MA704 Amp - I would have this Amp connected to the six (6) Wet Sound Speakers.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

Stereo.

We can walk you through getting it all running.

Normally, I'd def recommend Ridesteady. :) But, our system only works with 2012 and later 212x boats, so I'd go with the stereo. ;)

Thank you for the information, didn't see this on your website but now that you point it out I see it. So you guys do not offer a solution for the MR-1 motors?

Thank you for the information, didn't see this on your website but now that you point it out I see it. So you guys do not offer a solution for the MR-1 motors?

Only for the newer MR-1 motors that have an APS sensor (and electronic throttle valve). Yamaha introduced these on the SX/AR210s in 2006 but not on other models until later.

Back