• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Straps: What Brand?

Spaggs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My trailer straps are original on a 2013 SX240.
I would like to purchase all three (3).
Any suggestions as far as make/model/source?
Thanks.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Boat Buckles.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat buckles are great.
I installed a third unit up front under my bow eye. To pull the eye strait down.

Spaggs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat buckles are great.
I installed a third unit up front under my bow eye. To pull the eye strait down.
Thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance, but why did you put one so you could “pull the eye strait down” for?

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance, but why did you put one so you could “pull the eye strait down” for?
The MFI brand trailers had a lot of bow mount movement at the trailer mount point. (Was like 3 to 4 inches of play) If the bow mount on trailer ever failed I felt the boat was more secure to the trailer anchoring the eyebolt direct to the trailer.
(I eventually welded mine and it is solid now)
But I still like the extra strap in the front.
Also sometimes people don't get the boat tight to the bow eye bolt.
So, And this strap pulling down gives the rear straps something to pull against when braking.

Spaggs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The MFI brand trailers had a lot of bow mount movement at the trailer mount point. (Was like 3 to 4 inches of play) If the bow mount on trailer ever failed I felt the boat was more secure to the trailer anchoring the eyebolt direct to the trailer.
(I eventually welded mine and it is solid now)
But I still like the extra strap in the front.
Also sometimes people don't get the boat tight to the bow eye bolt.
So, And this strap pulling down gives the rear straps something to pull against when braking.
Thanks. I’ll have to look into that.
Take care.