• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Supreme purchase help

With or without decals

• With decals

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Without decals

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like @haknstarted something with his new Moomba Max. I really like the Max but it won't fit in my garage. I have an opportunity for a good deal on a Supreme S211 that I think I am going to jump on but I would like opinions on leaving the decals or removing them.

Here is the boat:
6835142_20180907082516215_1_LARGE.jpg

Here is the boat without decals:6835142_20180907082523097_1_LARGE.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like the decals..... it is different.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My vote is without the decals but only if the letters are on the boat, which it appears they are not (then I would leave the decals on).

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That thing looks great I like red and the brand name . Not that it has anything to do with boats but Supreme clothing has created a unique niche , they get unbelievably high prices for the clothing line I didn’t even realize there was a boat manufacturer with that name. We are surrounded by salt water so those lake boats are not popular . I was looking at a salt water sea nautique but the trailer would not fit up my drive way due to the prop and we have shallow water and sand bars that move. Usually once a season I graze the bottom that prop and shaft would get destroyed.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah I'm with @SCP1 - I like the second picture better without the decals and with the lettering on the side. But if it wouldn't have the lettering then I'd go for the one with decals probably.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is a shot that shows the back end better. I would leave the Supreme and Surf Series decals on, just remove the decorative parts.

6835142_20180907082519168_1_LARGE.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like all the stickers. I love the red and black. I was wondering what your plan was since I saw you were selling your 192. Good luck with the sale and new purchase.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Here is a shot that shows the back end better. I would leave the Supreme and Surf Series decals on, just remove the decorative parts.
Hmmmm... with the small lettering I'm closer to 50/50 on it, but it does all feel a little too much. All just personal taste though. I think if I did leave the decals I'd for sure get rid of the bow decals at least - I don't like those but maybe I'd leave the rest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like all the stickers. I love the red and black. I was wondering what your plan was since I saw you were selling your 192. Good luck with the sale and new purchase.
As of right now I have a sale lined up om my Yamaha and a deal worked out with the dealer on the Supreme, I just don't have everything in writing yet so I am not going to let myself get excited until all of that happens. I am really going to miss a lot about my Yamaha though.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmmm... with the small lettering I'm closer to 50/50 on it, but it does all feel a little too much. All just personal taste though. I think if I did leave the decals I'd for sure get rid of the bow decals at least - I don't like those but maybe I'd leave the rest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 93952
I think I am feeling the same way. It's just a little too busy. I didn't think about just having the front decals removed and I think I like that idea.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haha don’t blame me I didn’t start nuthin’ :D

Personally I like it without the graphics. It’s just a bit ‘busy’ for me and graphics. Maybe if you removed the front and the gray stripes in the black but leave the rear graphics it would look a lot better and less busy. After having them on my Yamaha they are kind of a pain to keep wax buildup and dirt/grime off the edges where the vinyl meets the gelcoat. When/if you get dock rash it shows up bad and there’s no way to repair it other than buy a whole new graphic. For me I feel that if you’re spending the money why hide the beautiful gelcoat these boats can have on them. It’s all just preference though and go with what YOU like or your family and you’ll feel happy about it.

Those Supremes are nice boats and should ride good with the deep v hull. We just don’t have a strong presence or dealer support for west coast built boats here otherwise I would have gave them a stronger look.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Less decals on a boat the better. They never age well. Five years from now they’ll look dated and then they will start to fade and get chipped/scratched and generally beat up looking. Ymmv

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As of right now I have a sale lined up om my Yamaha and a deal worked out with the dealer on the Supreme, I just don't have everything in writing yet so I am not going to let myself get excited until all of that happens. I am really going to miss a lot about my Yamaha though.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I prefer it without graphics. Little busy and 'loud' for my taste.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well that was quick lol!!! Have you done a demo yet? I would highly suggest you demo all the boats that fit your criteria and needs before settling on one boat. Unless of course you’ve already demoed what you liked out there and what would fit in your garage. Not many of these kinds of boats will fit in a garage less than 8’ and if you’re having to push out your Yamaha now it will be much different pushing out a tandem axle wake boat! Just something to consider and wouldn’t want you to rush into anything until you’ve done some demos at a minimum.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My vote is no decals of any kind. That’s one of the things I like about my MB - no decals. As stated they don’t age well and when you eventually have to take them off the gelcoat under them may no longer perfectly match the surrounding area.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice boat! I looked at the Supremes and Centurions at the Atlanta boat show and they build a nice product. They are owned by Correct Craft who also owns one of the best wake boats produced in the Nautique G series. I would remove decals if it were mine.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well that was quick lol!!! Have you done a demo yet? I would highly suggest you demo all the boats that fit your criteria and needs before settling on one boat. Unless of course you’ve already demoed what you liked out there and what would fit in your garage. Not many of these kinds of boats will fit in a garage less than 8’ and if you’re having to push out your Yamaha now it will be much different pushing out a tandem axle wake boat! Just something to consider and wouldn’t want you to rush into anything until you’ve done some demos at a minimum.
I really struggled to make a decision, but it basically came down to dollars and fitting in the garage. There are two dealers in my area with a leftover 2018 Supremes and I was kind of able to leverage them against each other to get a really good deal.

I did go check out the Moomba's which was probably counter productive because they are REALLY nice boats, but I think the way I would really want to go with a Moomba is the Craz and the dealer here said they are sold out for the year already and even if they had any, I think the price would have put them out of reach. I found one used one in my area, but it didn't seem like it was that well taken care of so I passed on that. So I was hung up for a while on whether I should wait until the boat show next year for one. I looked pretty hard at the Helix, but it still would have been more than the Supreme, 6" smaller and only a single axle trailer so the Supreme won their. I really like the looks of Malibu's/Axis's, but my buddy with some inside info on the industry said where builders like Supra and Centurion build smaller numbers and focus on quality, Malibu pushes out numbers and build $10k into each boat for warranty costs, so I didn't look very hard at those.

I have a friend with an S211 that I have ridden behind multiple times. It's built solid and the wake is enough to scare me at full ballast. Plus I am a really big fan of the quick fill ballast. When we often go out for quick sets of wakeboarding so that is going to be a nice feature to have. That 1000lb will probably be enough on it's own for me to play with until I get better on a wake board, but then it has the 2000lb in addition so there is room to grow. The bottom line came down to the fact that I have a serious buyer line up on mine for a fair price, and a deal I would be hard pressed to find again on a new boat considering the rate at which boat prices are skyrocketing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So did ya get it? :D

Let’s see some pics!