• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New SX 192 owner / Long Island

cabbie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Good day All,

I've got about 10 hours on the boat now. I've been pleased about the no hassle on the water experience that the Yamaha provides. There are a few disappointments: The too small anchor well. A couple of screw points in the console storage area - that already snagged the skin of my pointer finger. The uncoverd battery.

The great findings are: Jet boat handling, especially the no wake mode that lets me maneuver in the marina with control and confidence. The one boat length turn radius - Fantastic. Easy forward/reverse shifting. Gas Milage - really! I'm sure there is a lot more to discover.

Cabbie

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard. You are going to enjoy the boat. Where on the south shore do you launch from?

cabbie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hello Zeus,
I'm new to Power Boating and I am looking for any points of interest around the bay. I can launch from any Brookhaven town ramp. Also I tried Captree State Park, I have an Empire Pass on my truck and did not pay a launch fee.

I would like to know how to visit Flynn's when the marina is full. Visiting Surfs Out in Kismet was easy because of the extensive beach to the west, I double anchored successfully.

Cabbie

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
:Welcome:Congratulations on the new boat and Welcome!!:Welcome:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard, glad to have you.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad you found us! make sure you check out the FAQ for lots of great ideas,

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Zeus,
I'm new to Power Boating and I am looking for any points of interest around the bay. I can launch from any Brookhaven town ramp. Also I tried Captree State Park, I have an Empire Pass on my truck and did not pay a launch fee.

I would like to know how to visit Flynn's when the marina is full. Visiting Surfs Out in Kismet was easy because of the extensive beach to the west, I double anchored successfully.

Cabbie
Cabbie,

I am not very sure of how many places other than Capetree you can launch from with the ESP. However Captree is right smack in the middle between Jones Beach and FI. You can hit Sailors Haven, Watch Hill, ect from there on the east side of the FI inlet. Some places you can anchor off to the side or in a cove and walk on over to the beach.

On the west side of the FI inlet Gilgo, ToBay, Hemlock Cove (gets packed and is a party area), Cedar Beach Marina (anchor off to the side and cross over to the beach), etc. Also Zach’s Bay at Jones Beach. This is the perfect place to anchor and watch the air show and the 4th of July fireworks. You can even go and listen to the concerts at the amphitheater.

Just watch the depth. There are ton of shallows that jet boats will even bottom out. So I recommend a chart plotter. The depth gauge will not give you enough notice in some areas.

As for Flynn's, if the marina is full you might be able to drop your passengers off at the dock and then anchor in the cove, but will need a small raft to get you to the dock.

Also, checkout http://boatingtimesli.com they have tons of information for LI boaters. Some destinations also have navigation routes to download and add to your chart plotter if you have one. Check out the Huntington Lighthouse Music Festival. Everyone anchors around the lighthouse and bands play from the top. I am bummed I will miss it this year.

I started with Google Maps and Boating Times LI. I am out in the GSB most weekends so let me know if you are in that area. We just spent this past weekend at ToBay Marina and hit the beaches on both sides Jones Beach and b-b-q at the marina. It is always a party there.

Let me know if you need any more information for any of the above.

cabbie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Zeus,

Thanks for the tips. I'll get a paddle and use my 3 person tube to shuttle to shore.