• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Texas Guy!

dyfanf

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Howdy everyone from North Texas!
Bought my first boat last year, but just now joining the forum.
2003 SeaDoo Utopia 205. So far it's been (the best I can tell) a good first boat.

Enjoyed last summer until some other "life stuff" got in the way, but back on the water now!
I normally scoot around Joe Pool as that's pretty close for me, but I have checked out several other lakes.

Just tried Lewisville for the first time last week - my friends loved it, so we went back yesterday, and are probably heading out there again this Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting some folks on the water and establishing some friendships! I'll be the one in the blue and white Utopia with the US Yacht Ensign flying off the stern light mast!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! There's lots of Texas members here, I'm not one of them... somehow or life stuff alway seems to hit us in August. Hopefully we avoid that this year. Enjoy!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Loved that engine. One of the most solid two strokes I have owned. Be happy when it is burning oil, knowing your impeller is still good. And check your plugs occasionally for odd burn.

One item I added to our X20 was an extended ride plate. It rode lower below the pump and had the effect of trim tabs. Those hulls like to porpoise with a light load above 35mph. With the extended ride plate, the wife and I could push past 50mph bounce free! Amazing performance out of a 20ft boat with a single engine. Otherwise, just keep a bigger friend in the bow, or your loaded cooler.

Good luck!