• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New to Jet boats- seeking opinions

Welcome and awesome informative responses from everyone. I laughed as I read you initial post...very similiar. I landed here in 2015 when I sold my 2005 Ridgeline and 16' Bayliner Element for a F150 and 2016 212x...I haven't looked back. Going from a 4 stroke outboard to twin jets you have to get use to the noise, but you'll find plenty of solutions here. Sounds like the newer models are getting quieter. The only thing I would do if I could afford it would upgrade to a dedicated surf boat.. I'm 52 and all we do is surf..I bring along the wakeboard, but rarely gets use anymore..everyone wants to try surfing..I had a work "welness" day this summer (team building..haha) for the first time surfers and brought everyone out they haven't stopped talking about it and can't wait for this summer..
I had no idea what a Rivian was and had to look it up..looks very cool..
Good Luck in your decision and this forum will be your personal owners manual for the entire life of your boat...and include this forum in your budget..lol.

[USERGROUP=3]@Administrative[/USERGROUP] , new suggested tagline:

"The most expensive free forum on the net."

[USERGROUP=3]@Administrative[/USERGROUP] , new suggested tagline:

"The most expensive free forum on the net."
I can attest to that!

I laughed as I read you initial post...very similiar. I landed here in 2015 when I sold my 2005 Ridgeline and 16' Bayliner Element for a F150 and 2016 212x.
HA, a near Doppelganger! ;) I sold my '01 Ford Sport Trac (also bought new) to go to the nicer riding Ridgeline, love it, but maybe 50% more towing capacity would be nice now.
Going from a 4 stroke outboard to twin jets you have to get use to the noise, but you'll find plenty of solutions here.
This might be #1 of my 2 concerns w/the jet boat. On the OB, even at skiing speeds 30-35, we could talk and hear each other, I guess that's not the case here? We're not skiing anymore, but would wakeboarding 18-22 and surfing 11, be speeds that you can still carry on a conversation and be heard, w/o having to yell? If only it were warm here and not snow encrusted by ice, I'd go out for a test spin. So, if I can get over that, get comfortable w/ wakeboard and surf wakes I'm sold. I love the look better than the flat wake boat look. It just looks so much more refined (odd to say that when some of those wake boats are all 100++. I keep thinking an older Moomba LSV and keep my current might not be a bad way to go until I can figure this all out.... 2 boats just sounds ridiculous.

Back