• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to JetBoaters.net

Jersey AR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just joined jetboaters.net and just purchased left over '18 Yamaha.
Any opinions or views on the jetpilot thrust vectors for my boat?

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Jersey AR240 and welcome, congrats on ur new Yammy. Post some pics of her, I bet she is SEXY lol.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Try your boat out before you buy anything. See how she handles. And...

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Jersey AR240, glad to have you. I LOVE my AR240, mine is a 2016. I don't have any real opinion on the thrust vectors or cobra fins. I've always thought I did well enough without them... I recommend giving it a few tries without before making the investment. There's plenty of content on the forum about the two.

The newest Thrust Vectors on the market are the Thrust Vector Wakes. They've are still in production but, they're meant to clean up ther wake for most all watersports activities.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m a fan of the vectors and definitely the lateral thrusters. Makes the boat so much more maneuverable and I love that. Welcome to the site!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. Tons of stuff here to help. I believe Thrust Vectors or Cobra Fins will help anybody maneuver at low speeds. But, like previously mentioned, try handling the boat a couple times before jumping in.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had cobra fins on my ar230 and that made a huge difference but on my 18 AR240 I don’t feel like I need it bc of the keel. A world of difference.

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say give it a try first. I have a ‘15 AR210 and haven’t added anything to mine yet and I’ve gotten pretty good at handling. But I may look at adding the thrust vector wake since it has 3 different settings. Supposedly even cuts down on the spray when pulling a tube.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome @Jersey AR240, glad to have you. I LOVE my AR240, mine is a 2016. I don't have any real opinion on the thrust vectors or cobra fins. I've always thought I did well enough without them... I recommend giving it a few tries without before making the investment. There's plenty of content on the forum about the two.

The newest Thrust Vectors on the market are the Thrust Vector Wakes. They've are still in production but, they're meant to clean up ther wake for most all watersports activities.
I can say this for sure, if the throttle is stiff in forward or in reverse, or steering is tight or loose-leave the boat and do not make the purchase. Check both motors with a fine tooth comb, i can say this for sure i will never buy a used jet boat ever again. purchase brand new you will be happy you did.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! We have an ‘18 AR240 that we purchased in September and absolutely love it!

As for the thrust vectors, we came from an outboard and have had no control issues with our jetboat without any fins. Our dealer gave us some great tips on slow speed control that work great. The only reason I would spend money on fins would be for the watersports benefits of the thrust vector wake. There’s a good thread going on those at https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboatpilots-new-surf-tech-thrust-vector-wake.20327/

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Where are you planning on boating?

Jersey AR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most of the time use ramps in Somers Point and hit Corsens or Brigintine but definitely up to trying new spots with new boat and trailer. I grew up in the hilltop section of GT.

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We keep ours at chestnut neck on the Mullica river/Great Bay. We’ve travelled up to Barenget inlet and down to Somers Point. Lots of exploring out there.

We moved into Valleybrook 3 years ago from Connecticut.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Thrust Vectors and Lateral thrusters were night and day difference for my 2018 SX190. I came from an I/O drive and prior to getting the TV/LT combo installed, it was a bit sketchy for docking, especially when the ramp was busy on the weekends.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a fan of the LTEs for enhanced reverse control.