• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to me SX190 on the water today.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been following this site for a while now, and I can now finally say I pulled the trigger on a ‘14. Bought it Tuesday, cleaned and polished it, and got it out on the water today. Love this boat.

Attachments

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome:

Great boats these 190's. You'll get your family and some friends out with you, you'll have a lot of fun, and they're super cheap to run weekend after weekend all summer long! Enjoy

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats, she looks great! Now for the fun part accessorizing:winkingthumbsup" and we are all here to HELP!

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats, I'm jealous! I pick mine up tomorrow, but with the weather we are having it will be a month before I can get her into the water.:(:mad:

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats, she looks great! Now for the fun part accessorizing:winkingthumbsup" and we are all here to HELP!
I have already order a couple of things, but since I have been reading on the forum for several months my list has grown long.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats, I'm jealous! I pick mine up tomorrow, but with the weather we are having it will be a month before I can get her into the water.:(:mad:
We finally caught a break on the weather and I am off work so I am taking full advantage. The only thing I should have done differently yesterday was put more sunblock on. :(

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well you have come to the right place if you ever need help with the boat and/or ways to spend your money;)

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well you have come to the right place if you ever need help with the boat and/or ways to spend your money;)
So far I have picked up the basics, and I ordered everything I need to hook up a second battery. Have new speakers, seadek, cobra steering, a garage and a depth finder on my list.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you haven't picked one up you may want to look at a Stoltz roller, its a bit easier on the hull for loading! Easy install, you can even do it on the trailer.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s on the list, and some keel guard, because I boat on a river. I also need to pick up a ton of more sun block.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah good idea wih the keel guard, the install kind of scares me though. I saw the great pick of the boat on the river and was wondering about the shore makeup. I ALWAYS forget the sunblock and pay the price for it, we now just store the stuff on the boat, I just hate putting the stuff on. But you are right on the water is like having an aluminum plate up against your face.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The shore is mostly sand and rock so the keel guard is a must. I put sun block on yesterday, but I guess I should have reapplied it throughout the day, because I look like a lobster today. Of I’m Irish and was white as a ghost before we left, so I wasn’t surprised. My wife always keeps it in her swim bag, but it is definitely going to stay on the boat, along with magic eraser, micro fiber towels and a bunch of other crap that will always be on the boat. The magic eraser has become my best friend since I bought the boat, although I was hesitant to use it on the seats because of some things I read. I used acetone on some of the tougher stains and it took them right off. Of course I applied vinyl protectant as soon as I finished. I also used the acetone and some heat to pull the graphics. I didn’t want to pull them because I liked them, but they were all jacked up. But honestly now that I have buffed and polished it I kind of like it with out them. Tomorrow I am going to go through the maintenance schedule and get all that up to date for piece of mind.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What type of lube do you guys use for the jet?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You may want to look at going ahead and replacing the spark plugs and oil regardless of the schedule, that way you know you have fresh plugs and oil in her to start your season out right. Easy and fairly inexpensive to do and great peace of mind knowing she's got new fire and blood to run on.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spark plugs are coming today, and I am going to pick up an oil change kit next week. I just need to find an inexpensive way to extract the oil from the engine.

patbm1930

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It actually looks really clean with the graphics off!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It actually looks really clean with the graphics off!
I initially just pulled the side graphics, but after seeing it without them the Sx190 graphic looked out of place so I pulled that as well. I am really happy with how it came out. I took it out again today and had a blast.