• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New to us 2017 Yamaha FSH 190 Sport - What do we need?

BinbrookJake

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time boater but this is my first time owning a boat, and it comes with nothing so I'm outfitting it from scratch. I've bought a Yamaha trolling motor bracket (F3M-U8577-00-00), Terrova 80lb with 60" shaft, lateral thrusters, thrust vectors etc. The dealership will be installing trolling batteries and onboard charger but now I'm down to the practical things I need, like lines and fenders.

We're keeping the boat at a marina, not trailering. Boating in Georgian Bay out of Parry Sound, Ontario.

Q - When it comes to fenders, what size should we get? The back cleat seems really low to the water so I don't want to overdo it, but I also don't want the boat scratched.

Q - I'd also love to add a fishing pedestal on the bow. Has anyone added one of those to a 19' FSH? Is it safe to add one, essentially where the seat comes stock on the Deluxe model?

Q - If you've added the trolling motor bracket, any concerns with the curved braces scratching the boat? Did you add anything between the bracket and the boat?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your boat - it is the best 190 FSH (has the new style clean out port, flip-up jump seats and analog gauges - no Connext). Of course, I am biased, but it is still true.

Fenders - we have standard sized cylindrical fenders (5x15 ?). The key is to tie 3 of them (front, mid and back) up high - centered on the rub rail. So far, no scratches in 3.5+ years. Point of reference, we moor at docks only when at a place to eat and etc. Our boat is kept in a rack at the marina.

You can order the parts for the bow seat, and you should be able to install it yourself.

I had a pro do my trolling motor and electronics, but he used the Yamaha mount. I do not think there is anything between the mount and the gunnel, but I believe he did drill extra holes for hardware to span from the trolling motor puck to the gunnel. We have had no issues with the mount.

You can see my equipment in my signature.

Back