• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Yamaha SX190 AR190

aicmichael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I am new to Yamaha boats but considering buying one in the next 2 months to bring to my little island overseas. Please provide pros and cons of owning this boat in an isolated overseas island where parts would have to be ordered from the USA or Dubai at a cost plus shipping and waiting time to get them each and every time.

What is the service interval and what is included in each service?
How reliable is a new 2020 or 2021 Yamaha SX190 in gulf salt water?
What spare or replacement parts should I buy and bring to my island with along with this new boat?
I am pretty technical and have performed all the required services on my 2005 Volvo Penta 5.7Gi-E duo prop sterndrive up until now.

Any other user experience and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.