• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New today

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had bad porpoise effects on my stingray 19' i/O that were solved with smart tab sx pneumatic trim tabs. Maybe look into those. They are pretty affordable.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The boat looks great and it is very clean! I can't wait to hear how it runs after you have a chance to work through the kink(s) that mentioned.

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thnx for the kind words and help everyone! I cleaned carbs and she runs great. Seems the air vent to the mid range circuit was blocked. Rich bog is my guess.
Concerned a little about top end. I hear stories of 50mph with this boat but only get about 40-42 with 2 adults in it. Not a huge worry, but i wanna find that extra 8-10 mph if it's there :D Tonight.......Plugs, compression test, order some handles and hydroturf ,and a beer :winkingthumbsup"

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Glad you found a relatively easy fix. Speed does seem low. Is it on the speedometer? They can be off a lot. Most likely not to scientific but here is a page from an 03 brochure [I save everything] showing speed & elapsed time for all the engines Surprising how little difference there is from 175 to 240

BillIMG (791x1024).jpg

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yep. Speedo. Plus I ran next to a buddy in his 4winns that he GPS'd at 40-42 and hung right next to him or barely got passed ;) My speedo said about 39
That is a very little difference for 45 hp. Un fortunately another flooding rain here in Michigan.....on the way home from work. So I didnt have the chance to check anything.I will eventually figure ou why, but for now I will enjoy the remaining summer and continually check a few things.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!
I love the "go faster red" boat.
Very eye catching