• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New today

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hear you there! If I can ever be of assistance to you, just give me a shout.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanx in advance for the assistance ;) Ah yes, I did see that in another part of the forum ! I love the yellow,grey , black theme. It reminds me of my Skidoo!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I liked the yellow. But, I must admit, your '98 red looks better than my now sold '04 yellow. Someone has taken great care of it!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

That boat is just a little red. :) Lovely craft.

I am just a bit south of Michigan and to the west a little...

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
,Did you mount that handle above the swim platform or did it come that way? I need to do something but strucurally speaking, I need an exray of where there is support...

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you mount that handle above the swim platform or did it come that way? I need to do something but strucurally speaking, I need an exray of where there is support...
I did not mount that. It came standard on the boat. Does yours not have any type of grab handle?

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nope. It must have been an after thought for the newer ones. I would like to mount something lower on the bottom and back of platform right in front of ladder. Maybe two fold down aluminum or plastic handle I can velscro down when not in use.
P_20140801_175410.jpg

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm guessing where the ladder is should be reinforced above it as well....

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow - yeah, you are totally going to have to put something back there to grab on to. I don't know if I could get out of the water onto the boat without something to grab on to help me pull myself up.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Judging from the picture, if it were me, I think I would put something right above that warning sticker.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Windline is the company that makes the ladders for the Yamaha boats. I went to their website to see if they had a grab handle. They actually have several! I bet one of these would work great for you. They look similar to what my Sugar Sand had on it too. Only $18 -$22 too!

https://windline.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess is the 12" grab handle would work. But, if you have the surface area, the 18" grab handle would probably be even better. But, that is just my $0.02.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man ... what a DROP DEAD gorgeous looking boat !
Thanks for sharing ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ToesintheSand wow. Great looking boat. Somebody took great care of that one for sure. Thanks for the pics. It's always fun to see what everybody else has.

As far as the handles, here's one option that my boat has. Originally the boat only had the upper one, but the kids couldn't reach it, so we added a second just above the rub rail.

Here's a link to the thread that @jetboater4life put together.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/second-grab-handle-install-for-06-11-210-212-boats.1892/#post-29307

image.jpg

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@itsdgm Nice handles as well. I will be placing handle in similar areas and doing something with the ladder as well Either. fabbing up a telescoping ladder from the original or buying one. That stock ladder is just this side of useless for anything but a small child. What's the keypad for ?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@itsdgm Nice handles as well. I will be placing handle in similar areas and doing something with the ladder as well Either. fabbing up a telescoping ladder from the original or buying one. That stock ladder is just this side of useless for anything but a small child. What's the keypad for ?
That's a remote for the stereo. Check out wind line ladders. They come with a lifetime warranty.