• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tow Rig - Towing Questions

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you changed your hitch to a 2" inch rise that would level the trailer and take some of the tongue weight off the truck. You definitely need to put some air bags on it as well.:winkingthumbsup"
What he said! :thumbsup: Turn your hitch 180 so its a rise not a drop. I have an F-150 V8 and it does just fine at highway speeds. You definitely need more engine for that AR240.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this necessitates a trade on my truck. If I do that I'm gonna take a huge hit cause these dealers will never give me what I paid for it even though it hasn't been 3 months.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this necessitates a trade on my truck. If I do that I'm gonna take a huge hit cause these dealers will never give me what I paid for it even though it hasn't been 3 months.
Do you need to tow at highway speeds often? If not maybe you could get away with using it for awhile. Beautiful boat by the way!

P.S. The dealer should be ashamed of themselves for selling you a non boosted V6 knowing that you would be towing with it.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll add another point that I believe @Bruce made one time. It's not just the weight, you have to consider the wind resistance too. You're basically pulling a giant sail behind you.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well there's your problem.. that link shows 282 hp and 253 torque!
wow i didn't even look at that
shame on ford for even making a 1/2 ton with only 282 hp

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
while towing the torque is what really matters... thats why diesels are so popular... the one i just purchased... (06 f250) only has 325 hp but way over 500 ft pounds of torque .. and the new modern ones are getting close to 1000 ft pounds of torque!!! insaine

Last edited: