• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New Tow Rig :)

Want a trouble free truck???? Buy a Ford!!!View attachment 18713

I have had Ford, Chevy and Dodge trucks and while I also prefer Ford's, they are far from trouble-free. Current tow rig is a Ford Expedition EL Limited. Love the look and function of the vehicle, but it hasn't been reliable by anyone's standards. I hope you have better luck with that Super Duty.

I'm on my 20+ something Ford truck and I have only had 1 truck that had issues. Bottom line ....go with what you like.
I'm Ford trucks and Chevy cars.
My Beauty and her Beast!
20140815_131108.jpg

You have some nice rides Zarella. I agree that you should buy what you like because the reality is "has motor, will break". I try to keep it American.......maybe that is my problem.

Every make has random failures like this. It's obviously a unique issue if it's not resolved easily. My money is on the computer, that would explain why sensor replacements have not worked. Good luck. Hopefully they have given you free transportation while they work this out.

I'll take 28mpg's over trouble free :p

Hey the money you save on gas you can use to repair it!! lol Just kidding

You do have a nice truck!:winkingthumbsup"

Every make has random failures like this. It's obviously a unique issue if it's not resolved easily. My money is on the computer, that would explain why sensor replacements have not worked. Good luck. Hopefully they have given you free transportation while they work this out.
Yeah, driving a Toyota Avalon, not exactly what I had hoped to be driving but it's not bad.

I'll take 28mpg's over trouble free :p

It's funny how people's priorities differ. I'd much rather get the 15-19 or so my 2005 2500 with Cummins gets me and the 100% reliability it has so far delivered than 28 mpg and a lack of reliability. For me, a vehicle is worth nothing if I can't count on it to get me where I want to go!

Guys, really? Didn't know that this was gonna turn into a "my truck is better than your truck" forum. lol

@Big Shasta
You totally missed the mark on that statement! It is not about "Keeping it American". I have had Toyota trucks in the past and they were awesome. They just don't build them like they use to. That said, Ford is far from perfect, but nothing has come close to it's reliability for me as a work truck. I love my trucks...if I didn't I would change what I drive. And the Camaro, it hauls ass, it's loud and obnoxious, and just fun to drive with a 6 speed stick. We also have a Expedition for hauling people.

@Big Shasta
You totally missed the mark on that statement! It is not about "Keeping it American". I have had Toyota trucks in the past and they were awesome. They just don't build them like they use to. That said, Ford is far from perfect, but nothing has come close to it's reliability for me as a work truck. I love my trucks...if I didn't I would change what I drive. And the Camaro, it hauls ass, it's loud and obnoxious, and just fun to drive with a 6 speed stick. We also have a Expedition for hauling people.

I changed your Ford to Tundra as a Joke, sorry if it doesn't come across that way.

On my other quote, I didn't miss any mark, I made a factual point to someone who isn't you. @SCSTWG said "I Like to keep it American" My point was that to most folks, "I buy American trucks" means Chevy Ford or Dodge....All I was saying is that isn't so anymore.

Gotcha....and now back to getting my boat ready for the season.:winkingthumbsup"

We will finish this conversation over a beer this summer at Crab Island. Sound good to you?

We will finish this conversation over a beer this summer at Crab Island. Sound good to you?
Wife and I were talking about that when we had the boat out last weekend. It's definitely happening this year.

Surely you can't mean this. "It gets great gas mileage (when it's not in the shop)"

Largely tongue in cheek I guess, I'm just not unrealistic. It's the first year of an essentially all new truck. I know it's gonna have problems, and I know Dodge will take care of them. I'll never have it anywhere near the time the warranty ends. Hell, probably no more than a year if that long. '13 Silverado I kept a year. '14 Tundra I kept 11 months. So yeah, I 'd much rather have the mileage right now. If stuff breaks, it breaks. I've worked in the car business 20 years and dealerships most of that time. Shit happens.

Back